It looks like HTC One max will also be on AT&T, according to GSMArena, who got a press photo of the phone courtesy of @evleaks. Initially, Sprint and Verizon Wireless were the only US carriers to carry the HTC One max in the United States. Therefore, the appearance of the phablet in AT&T livery surely caught us by surprise.
HTC One Max will get the latest Android release, coupled with the most up-to-date edition of HTC's proprietary Sense UI.
HTC One Max Features:
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support; 3G with HSPA; LTE
- 5.9" 16M-color 1080p Super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen with 373ppi pixel density
- Android OS v4.3 Jelly Bean with Sense UI 5.5
- Quad-core 1.7 GHz Krait 300 CPU, 2 GB RAM, Adreno 320 GPU; Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset
- 4 MP autofocus "UltraPixel" camera with 1/3" sensor size, 2µm pixel size; LED flash
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps with HDR mode, continuous autofocus and stereo sound
- HTC Zoe
- 2.1 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA; Wireless TV-out (Miracast)
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- 16GB/32GB of built-in storage, expandable via a microSD slot
- MHL-enabled microUSB port
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Sleek aluminum body
- Front-mounted stereo speakers with BoomSound tech
- Class-leading audio output
We have heard rumors of an Amazon smartphone for more than a year now, according to Financial Times report, the retail giant uses HTC to help it make its upcoming devices. Three different smartphones have been demonstrated to be in development, according to The Financial Times article, only one of the HTC-made devices is apparently close to completion.
One source warns the paper that while one of the devices is in the advanced stages of development, Amazon has pushed back its timetable before.
Amazon has not responded to requests for discuss the report, though it stated it has "no plans to offer a phone this year". HTC's chief of promoting Ben Ho also declined to discuss the Amazon partnership, but said that the manufacture is "always exploring new opportunities".
The latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean was about to hit the HTC One developer edition this week, and indeed the update is rolling out today, but it seems to be on a global scale for the unlocked versions out there.
The update 564.04MB, so we strongly recommending to make use of high-speed internet connection to initiate the update. It might take 15-25 min based on your internet connection speed. We are started our digging to find out new additions. Stay tuned in to us for in-depth information.
If you are also HTC One owner and residing in U.S, then checkout the update manually simply by entering into Settings -> About Phone -> Software updates -> Look for updates. If you can't see any update notification then don't be concerned, it will be appear as soon as your device gets qualified for Android 4.3 update. We are again repeating that the update will require 2-3 weeks hitting all devices.
- Android 4.3 update
- Battery charging percentage indicator
- Improved Gallery
- Low-light performance noticeably improved
- Added few more Video highlights options
- Ability to add soundtracks to your Highlights
- Overall System got stable and more
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with the HTC Sense 5 topping has been unleashed in the form of an over-the-air update for the HTC One X+. Vr-Zone caught the roll-out of the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update with firmware version 2.17.709.12 for HTC One X+, the HTC One X enhanced smartphone version, and now receiving several new features including the HTC Sense UI major iteration.
HTC One X+ owners should expect at least 484 MB update size via Over-the-Air procedure which requires the device to free the necessary storage space to download and install the official firmware. In addition, the update is only exclusive to HTC One X+ units which are unlocked in Asia and soon to be pushed throughout Europe and the United States.
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS
- - Daydream feature
- - Lock screen widgets
- - Quick Settings with 12 default settings
- - Actionable Notifications
- - BlinkFeed home screen
- - Video highlights for creating 30-second clips from gallery images
- - Lock focus in the camera viewfinder
- - Battery improvements
- - Battery percentage in the status bar
- - Music player updated with live lyrics support and visualisation
- - HTC Sense 5 UI
- - New lock screen style: Widget power
- - Sleep mode option in Power settings
- - Improved accessibility with triple tap to magnify screen
- - Gesture mode navigation for blind users
- - Performance enhancements
- - Wireless display support
HTC's One Mini might be arriving in the UK a bit sooner than expected. Carphone Warehouse and Expansys are both saying that the new handset should be in stock starting tomorrow, August 9. Carphone Warehouse allows customers to get the One Mini either on contract.
HTC One mini can be currently reserved for 380 British Pounds. That is equal to about 445 euro or $578. In return, one gets a mid-range Android smartphone with outstanding design, and decent specs, such as a 1.4GHz dual-core processor, 4.3-inch 720p display, and an UltraPixel camera that can shoot HDR video in 1080p resolution. To learn more about this device, our HTC One mini hands-on may hold the answers to your burning questions.
MobileFun is accepting pre-orders for both the silver and black variants of the HTC One mini. The smartphone is expected to be delivered to customers in a month or so.