If you are an AirDroid user and have been using AirDroid 1.1 version, I am happy to tell you that the AirDroid 2.0 is now available for download. AirDroid 2.0 was in beta version for a while and it looks like it's finally read for prime time, please download using the link below.
For those not farmiliar with AirDroid. It offers a lot of great features such as wirelessly manage your Android from your favorite browser, transfer files between Android devices and computers, also with drag & drop support cut, copy, paste, search, rename or delete files on the SD card.
The AirDroid 2.0 beta contains several improvements over the old version. Firstly you no longer need to input a code to verify your online connection. You now simply click accept on your device when you attempt to connect, which is immediately more convenient. There's also the new option to remotely control the camera on your device.
Also, if you register with AirDroid you'll be able to access your device over the internet, rather than just via WiFi. Registration also grants you access to use the "find phone" feature, enabling you to locate your device using its last known GPS location.
AirDroid is a free and fast app that helps you manage your Android from a desk web browser, all over the air. It's easily one of the best apps on the Google Play Store. The sheer flexibility and polish of the remote access tool has made this app just awesome.
※ One less cable.
Move things on and off your Android device without a USB cable. Even when the device is not nearby.
※ One less screen.
Send and receive SMS from your big-screen computer, without being distracted by the small-screen thing.
※ One less worry.
Locate and lock your Android when it's lost. Cannot get it back? Simply wipe all data remotely.
What's in this version:
1. Device-free (lab). Sign in on the web and AirDroid will launch automatically on the device, even when it's not nearby.
2. Same-network-free. No more same WiFi network restriction. Access AirDroid through different network with an AirDroid account.
3. Find Phone. Locate your device on a map. Lock it or wipe all data options.
4. Call notification and initiate new call on your Android device.
5. Remote camera.
6. Improved SMS, Photo and File experience.
7. Many other bug fixes and improvements.
Check out AirDroid app here