Nokia files to get several Samsung products banned from being sold, surprisingly, in aid of Apple. According to the report, it is the only outsider to back Apple's claims of injunctions on some Samsung products that have infringed their intellectual property rights. It can be noted that Samsung and Apple have been involved in a very bitter case concerning patent infringement.
Apple seeks to have some of Samsung products that were found to violate their patents from getting sold in the US but their appeal was not honored in the District Court. As a result, they are taking it to the Court of Appeals. Nokia has asked to be given more time to submit their statement and Nokia argued that a District Judge was wrong to rule against Apple's request for injunction.
It can be recalled that not long ago, the Finnish giant has also filed legal proceedings against the iPhone maker and Apple was said to have settled out of court.
These two companies will take on the currently number one manufacturer in the US Court of Appeals and the case will be heard later this year.
The popular Bump Android app has taking to the next level and allowing phones and computers to swap photos and more files back and forth between devices without even having to think about cables.
Use Bump to share contact information, photos, videos, and files by simply bumping two phones together. Just open Bump, hold your phones, and gently bump your hands together -- Bump will magically do all the rest.
• SYNC WITH YOUR COMPUTER: Visit https://bu.mp on your computer and bump your space bar to transfer photos, videos, and files
• SHARE CONTACTS: Share your contact info; connect on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
• SHARE PHOTOS: Share photos and videos with friends and family
• SHARE FILES: Share files or documents stored on your device
• SYNC DEVICES: Move contacts, photos, and files between your devices
• SHARE APPS: Share app recommendations
What's in this version:
New in 3.4.9:
+ Now Bump works with computers too! Photos, videos, files, everything. Just go to https://bu.mp on your computer web browser and bump your spacebar key with your device. Seriously, it's magic!
SuperBeam is a free app that offers easy and fast file transfer between Android 4.0+ devices using WiFi Direct. Devices can be paired using QR Code scanning (with the included scanner) or NFC if available (just like Samsung's proprietary S-Beam).
- Share files between devices using NFC or QR code scanning.
- Blazing fast transfer speeds using WiFi direct.
- Switches to hotspot mode automatically for devices that doesn't support WiFi direct.
- Can use existing WiFi network connection between devices.
- Share single or multiple files of any type (photos, videos, zip files, APK's... You name it!)
- Works with all 3rd party file managers and photo galleries.
- Light and dark color themes.
- Advanced settings for geeks!