If you're running a rooted Galaxy Note II or Galaxy S 4 and want easy access to some things that normally require manually editing system files, we've got the app for you. It's called Note 2 Hidden Settings, and does exactly what you'd expect: offers access to otherwise hidden system settings.
This app enables you to easily change hidden settings on your Note 2 (or other Samsung device), such as:
• Adding a shutter sound on/off option to the camera
• Turning on Infinite Scroll mode on the launcher and app drawer
• Extending how many contacts you can join together
These modifications normally can only be made by manually editing a system file, which can be dangerous and very inconvenient. This app makes the process quick and painless.
• Shows which options have already been enabled, even by a different app or manually
• Creates an automatic backup in case something goes wrong
• Nice looking Holo interface
• Supports devices which implement feature.xml or an others.xml file
Note: App is not compatible with AOSP roms.
• Verizon Note 2
• International Note 2
• Galaxy S4
• International Note 1
If the app isn't working or if you have any other questions, please email the developer and a fix will be on the way.
Source: Google Play Store Link
Just days after announcing the Galaxy S5, popular review site CNET has taken a closer look at the Galaxy S5 software discovering various other features the company was quiet about.
Following are just few of the hidden features:
- If you explore the Settings menu or the quick access settings in the notifications pulldown, you'll notice a quiet little option called Toolbox. Toggle it on and a white dot appears, inscribed with an ellipsis. Tap this and it will expand to reveal shortcuts to popular tools like the camera, voice recorder, browser, calculator, and the notes app -- but you can swap these for other apps.
New camera settings
- There are a ton of new camera options, from the Selective Focus we heard about to some lesser-known features, such as a special treatment for action shots and the ability to easily secure photos with Samsung Knox.
- Quick Connect is an easy press from the notifications shade, and replaces a bunch of confusing individual apps that connected to your computer and your other devices through a number of channels.