Few days ago, there were rumors online that the water-proof Samsung's Galaxy S4 is indeed in the making, and it might hit the shelves starting July. At least that's what The Wall Street Journal is reporting.
There was no rugged version of the Samsung Galaxy S3, but there was an S3 Mini. Sadly, despite the name, the S3 Mini wasn't a smaller version of the powerful phone, but a disappointing mid-range phone slapped with the S brand.
It's not yet known just how rugged the phone, which is apparently tentatively dubbed the Galaxy S4 Active, is just yet. But we'd be surprised if it didn't at least match the similarly hard-wearing, four million-selling Sony Xperia Z, which can be submerged under water for 30 minutes without affecting it.
The WSJ also reports that the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini will be along around the same time, offering a slimmer alternative to the shrinking demographic of consumers who aren't sold on huge screen-toting handsets.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini will be available in the U.K. in just a couple of weeks, we're hoping this news means we're one step closer for the device to make its debut in the U.S. In case you need a refresher, the Galaxy S4 Mini will feature a 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED display, 1.7GHz dual-core processor, 1.5GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage with support for 64 microSD cards, an 8MP rear-facing camera, 1.9MP front-facing camera and will run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
For the £27 per month you can get unlimited minutes, unlimited texting, and 250 MB of data at Orange. Or you can go to T-Mobile, which will offer you 500 minutes, unlimited texting, and unlimited data for the same monthly amount.
this article is not available
Samsung officially unveiled their new Galaxy S4 model with a camera attached, properly called the Galaxy S4 Zoom last mont. Today a few online retailers including Clove of UK are planning releasing the Galaxy S4 Zoom on July 8th.
As far as specs go, the Galaxy S 4 Zoom comes with a 4.3-inch qHD display, 1.5 GHz dual-core and 1.5 GB of RAM. Running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and Samsung's TouchWiz this mini phone includes a 16 megapixel lens with 10x optical Zoom for all those photography moments. Then you can instantly upload those right to Facebook, Instagram etc.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom Camera Features
- Xenon Flash
- 16MP BSI CMOS Sensor
- 24-240mm 10x optical zoom
- Optical Image stabilisation
- F3.1-F6.3 Lens
- 4fps Burst Shot
- ISO 100-3200
- 1080p video recording
- Dedicated shutter key
- Zoom Ring for quick sharing of photos and access of the handset\'s interface 1.9MP front facing camera
- Expert Mode for you to change shooting parameters
- Smart Modes to help you choose the best settings for your photo
- HDR Mode
- Best face to adjust smiles and eyes
- Several other filters and modes to enhance your photos
Google started testing free passes through the Field Trip app back in May, and now the program is expanding to many more locations.
Discover thousands of interesting places/experiences that fall under the following categories: Architecture, Historic Places & Events, Lifestyle, Offers & Deals, Food Drinks & Fun, Movie Locations, Outdoor Art and Obscure Places of Interest around you.
What's in this version in V1.09:
- Go on a Field Trip Anywhere! Now available in 30+ languages and 80+ countries.
- Automatically translate cards that are not in your native language.
- New zoomed-out view of map that aggregates cards to make discovering sights and stories easier.
Following locations are added:
- Museum of the City of New York, NYC
- The Museum of Arts and Design, NYC
- Conservatory of Flowers, San Francisco
- Walt Disney Family Museum, San Francisco
- Exploratorium, San Francisco
- Legion of Honor, San Francisco
- de Young Museum, San Francisco
- National Building Museum, Washington DC
- Crime Museum, Washington DC
- President Lincoln's Cottage, Washington DC
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles
- The Field Museum, Chicago
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago
- Pittock Mansion, Portland
- Portland Art Museum, Portland
- Portland Children's Museum, Portland
- Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum, Reno
- Nevada Design Museum, NV
- Bronx Zoo, NYC
- Central Park Zoo, NYC
- New York Aquarium, NYC
- Prospect Park Zoo, NYC
- Queens Zoo, NYC