The Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 is receiving its update to software version VRBMB1, a day after the change log for the latest build was posted online. The update improves predictive text in the keyboard, allows users to take pictures while on calls, syncs emails better, and enhances Bluetooth. That's pretty much it, well, other than some added bloatware.
It's not Android 4.2 The update is 150.3MB in size.
The International version of the handset is set to get Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean after the launch of the Galaxy S4, but it looks like this sort of situation will be improved with the next Galaxy as benchmark tests have shown the smartphone will be using the same processor around the world.
Instructions : Verizon
This Bluetooth Slide-out Keyboard for Samsung Galaxy S4 provides quick access to all controls, features, camera, and ports. Conveniently designed slide-out keyboard allows you to switch from the touch screen to keyboard. It easily pairs over Bluetooth connectivity and features a slide-out QWERTY keyboard with LED back light that allows you to type when it's dark. It's powered by an advanced Lithium rechargeable battery and built-in on/off switch lets you conserve battery life. Adjustable angled body gives you flexibility to watch movies or type while you are laying down. Simply snap in your Samsung S4, connect and you've got a fully functional keyboard ready whenever you need it!
• Backlit Keyboard
• Specialized keys (Home, Search, Play/Pause Buttons) to
• Adjustable Stand Function Conveniently Adjust from 0 - 90 degree
• Detachable Hard Shell Case
• Form-fitting shell design ensures perfect fit
• Full Coverage Protection
• Excellent Key Sensitivity
• Tilts upright
• Bluetooth Version: v3.0
• Operating Voltage: 3.7v
• Battery Capacity: Lithium 280mAh
• Charging Time: 2 hours
• Working Time: 8 hours
• Standby time: 45 days
• Transmit Range: 3 meters
• Product Size: 5.46in x 2.87in x 0.86in
• Bluetooth Slideout Keyboard
• Micro USB Charging Cable
• User Manual
Swype is a faster and easier way to input text on any screen. With one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard, the patented technology enables users to input words faster and easier than other data input methods - at over 40 words per minute.
The application is designed to work across a variety of devices such as phones, tablets, game consoles, kiosks, televisions, virtual screens, and more.
Nuance Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) today released the latest version of the Swype keyboard at https://beta.swype.com. The latest version of Swype is more personal than ever as it now lets people sync their personal dictionary across multiple mobile devices. Swype also now features three different tablet keyboards, updates dictionaries with relevant trending 'hotwords', and offers multiple fun keyboard theme choices.
Swype is a four-in-one keyboard that lets people choose how they stay connected, whether they swype, type, write, or speak. Swype "learns" each individual user's text input style and builds a personal language model- in other words, the more Swype is used, the smarter it gets. In addition to the new capabilities announced earlier this year, Swype now features:
· Dictionary Backup & Sync: Swype now backs up and syncs a user's personal dictionary across any of their mobile devices. So now when nicknames like "Ollie" are added to a mobile phone, that word will be automatically added to the personal dictionary on a tablet as well as all other registered devices.
· Swype for Tablets: Swype has taken tablet innovation to the next level by offering a choice of three different keyboard layouts for tablets: the original keyboard, a small and moveable keyboard, and a split keyboard. So no matter what style keyboard, people can stay connected and productive from anywhere.
· Hotwords: Language is evolving faster than ever and Swype now updates dictionaries with the latest global trending words. Swype users can opt-in to receive updates to their dictionaries and stay up to date with the newest 'hotwords', like "Gangnam Style."
· Themes: Swype allows users to further personalize their devices with the new keyboard theme options. Users can access up to 10 different themes in Swype's settings menu for quick and cool keyboard customizations.
· More Language Support: The latest update to Swype also features enhancements to the Chinese keyboard with an additional tool bar and has added a Flick keyboard to Japanese. Users can also expect many more languages with Advanced Language Models that predict the words and phrases users Swype the most.
"Swype has proven that Android users love choice and flexibility as part of their user experience," said Michael Thompson, executive vice president and general manager, Nuance Mobile. "Swype has truly embraced a multimodal, personalized keyboard that learns and adapts to each user's preference. And with the ability to carry that experience across Android devices, pick your keyboard layout, automatically stay up on key trends and hotwords, Swype is by far the most customizable keyboard on the market."
Get Swype App now
Minuum Keyboard is the mobile keyboard that condenses all letters into a single row, allowing you more precious screen real estate, with almost 10,000 Indiegogo supporters later, it has raised over $87,000 last time I checked.
The Minuum keyboard, through its simplicity, improves your touchscreen typing. Existing keyboards leave you barely enough screen to interact with your apps, and you can't enjoy typing on them. Minuum eliminates the visual clutter of archaic mobile keyboards by adapting the keyboard to a single dimension. What enables this minimalism is our specialized auto-correction algorithm that allows highly imprecise typing. Your typing on mobile devices is inherently imprecise-and there's nothing wrong with that. We work with that. By reducing the keyboard to a single dimension, Minuum opens up your touchscreen space for a variety of interaction possibilities-which allows for precision-entry.
Minuum improves mobile typing by:
- Recovering more than half of the usable touchscreen space you lose when you type on traditional virtual keyboards
- Allowing you fast text entry when your typing is sloppy
- Providing you with letter magnification for precise typing-especially useful if you have large fingers
- Giving you the benefit of smart auto-correction
- Respecting your familiarity with the QWERTY keyboard so you don't have to re-learn the keyboard layout
- Providing convenient access to everything you'd expect in a keyboard (such as, punctuation, space, backspace, and enter) without stealing your screen space
- Letting you type anywhere-with a keyboard you can move around your touchscreen
- You will be able to customize the Minuum production release, with options such as: alternate colour schemes to match your smartphone case, curving keyboard layout for more ergonomic text entry, and the ability to rearrange the alphabet to your liking.
Check out the video below
Google is releasing yet another one of their stock Android apps to the Google Play Store today, this time by way of the Google Keyboard. Google Keyboard makes text input smart and easy. Glide through letters with Gesture Typing - just lift to finish a word, no spacebar required. Compose notes on-the-go with Voice Typing. With amazing word recognition and next-word prediction, Google Keyboard helps you type faster and more accurately on all your Android devices.
• Gesture Typing with dynamic floating preview
• Voice Typing
• Next-word suggestions and current-word completions
• Dictionaries for 26 languages
• Advanced keyboard layouts
• Works across your Android devices (tablets and phones)
What's in this version:
• Now available on Google Play for phones and tablets.
• Updated system permissions for integrated dictionary downloader and new-user setup wizard.
Swiftkey grew to become probably the most popular keyboards within the Google Play Store very rapidly after its release.
Today, Swiftkey is providing its third-party keyboard for just $1.99, providing you with a 50% discount. This is actually the laptop keyboard I suggest probably the most to any or all my fellow Android customers. We place it within our top listing of Android keyboards and gave it an excellent review previously.
SWIFTKEY MAKES TOUCHSCREEN TYPING FASTER, EASIER AND MORE PERSONALIZED
- - SwiftKey takes the hard work out of touchscreen typing, replacing your phone's keyboard with one that understands you.
- - It provides the world's most accurate autocorrect and next-word prediction in 60 languages.
- - It connects seamlessly across all of your devices, with SwiftKey Cloud.
SMART & LEARNING
- - SwiftKey predicts your next word before you've even pressed a key.
- - It intelligently learns as you type, adapting to you and your way of writing.
- - SwiftKey doesn't just learn your popular words, it learns how you use them together.
SWIFTKEY CLOUD: CONNECTED & SEAMLESS ACROSS DEVICES
- - Backup and Sync keeps your personal language insights seamlessly up to date across all your devices.
- - Teach SwiftKey your writing style based on your language use from your Facebook, Gmail, Twitter, Yahoo, SMS and Blog.
- - Your language model can be enhanced each morning with Trending Phrases based on current news and what's hot on Twitter.
SwiftKey, the popular Android keyboard app that uses text prediction to enable super-fast typing, is now free to all users.
The app replaces your stock Android keyboard with one that lets you quickly swipe around from letter to letter, figuring out which word you're trying to type.
What's more, it uses prediction technology to try to guess the next word you'll type, offering a few choices up above the top row of keys. If you see the correct word, just tap it and it'll get plopped into your current sentence. The guesses improve over time: The more you use the app, the better it gets.
Swiftkey is also setting its sights on new iOS offerings in the near future. The company launched its first iOS app, SwiftKey Note, earlier this year. And Swiftkey is already planning a full iOS keyboard app now that Apple announced it will finally make third-party keyboards available in iOS 8.