This morning, the Weather Channel has updated its Android app for smartphones and tablets with the biggest redesign since 2009, cleaner interface, better maps. If you need to know the week forecast, or even up to the minute details on when and if it will rain, this is the app for you.
Among other features, the Weather Channel's upgraded Android app provides: new localized maps and map layers include past and future radar, severe weather bulletins, and tropical cyclone tracking; improved management for saved locations; the option to expand detailed weather data that is collapsed; the ability to share weather forecasts, maps, alerts and more with family and friends to Facebook, Twitter and other social networks.
What's in this version:
- "Expect rain to start at 3:15p"-No more guessing! If your weather is changing within 6 hrs, we let you the exact time it will happen.
- Faster maps with past & future radar, severe weather bulletins
- More detailed forecasts
- A better selection of videos
- Optimized for Android tablets
- Set up your favorites places to take full advantage of our weather widgets and notifications.
- What everyone has been asking for, a Refresh button!
- It is now easy to share your weather with your friends & family