How To UNROOT Galaxy S3, Reset Flash Counter and Bring the Warranty back
- Backup your data because all data on your device will be deleted
- Use this AT YOUR OWN RISK !
- Charged and Rooted Samsung galaxy S3
- Installed "Triangle Away" App on SGS3 (Download from google play store)
- Official firmware (Download from SamMobile.com)
- Installed "Samsung Kies" or "Samsung Mobile driver" on PC
- Backup your data ...
1- Download and install "Triangle Away" App from GP store https://tiny.cc/y68grw
Or from XDA thread https://tiny.cc/ekahrw thanks to "Chainfire"
2- Open "Triangle Away" ... it will ask for download some data Hit "Download" and wait ...
You should see this message like this "Please confirm your device is this exact model GT-I9300"
3- Hit continue
4- Hit "Reset flash counter" and "Continue"
Your device will restart into special mode
5- Volume up to continue
6- While rebooting ... Remove the battery and back it again
7- Start your device into "Download mode" (Volume Down + Home + Power)
8- Volume up to continue
- If you don't know how to flash FW by Odin ... you can watch it here :
- After the flashing and configuration process finish
9- Unplug USB cable , Remove the battery and back it again
10- Start your device into "Recovery mode" (Volume UP + Home + Power)
11- Choose "Wipe data/factory reset" then "Yes" and wait ...
12- Choose "Wipe cache partition" then "Reboot system now"
Now check your "Device status" , It should be "Normal" :)
- Triangle Away https://tiny.cc/y68grw
- Odin3_v3.04 https://goo.gl/BR9HW
- Odin3_v3.07 https://goo.gl/ASdXg
- Samsung Mobile Driver https://q.gs/3R8hb
- Latest Samsung Kies https://q.gs/2r7af
16 Feb 2013 : Samsung Mobile Driver Ver-18.104.22.168
17 Feb 2013 : Samsung Kies Ver-22.214.171.12421_10
- Triangle Away may unmount your SD card , you can mount it from storage settings
- New devices like SGS3/SGNote2/SGNote10.1, status can only be reset on some FW - they must be official firmwares !
- This process works for various Samsung galaxy devices like (S3/2,Note1/2/10.1",Tab)
- It does work on some (not all) stock firmwares.
- Resetting counter value doesn't work on custom firmwares
- Some devices set the counter to 1 at every boot if you are running a custom kernel or recovery
On these devices, Triangle Away may always display 1, make sure to check the counter in actual download mode
All Credits goes to "MrW0000lf" on YouTube.