We already reported before that the Moto 360 Smartwatch was already sold-out on the Play Store in just a few hours after launch, but that was the leather band variant. If you wanted a Metal wrist band you were out of luck even if you got to the store in time Motorola released the phone with a choice of two leather bands saying it will make it available with a metal band later on.
Now however, Verizon has put the metal strap version on pre-order for $300 with a choice of Black and Silver colors. Sadly, the Black Metal version is already sold-out to, but you still have the Silver metal variant available.
The regular price is $250 so you pay a $50 premium for the metal band. That's still better than getting a metal band after the fact though, then it will be $80 extra (that puts the price of the leather band at $30).
Incase you are not familiar with the Moto 360, here are some of the cool features that will spark your interest:
- Quality craftsmanship - Finely crafted with stainless-steel, genuine leather from Horween and scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla glass.
- Responds to your voice - Just speak to get the info you need using the dual microphones.
- Doubles as an activity tracker - Track your steps and heart rate with a built-in pedometer and heart rate monitor.
- Works with your Android phone - Pair with most smartphones running Android 4.3 or higher.
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology - Pairs with your smartphone through the latest Bluetooth technology.
- Sensors - Include a pedometer, an ambient light sensor and an optical heart rate monitor (PPG) for versatile use.
- Mobile notifications - Let you view alerts from your device simply by looking at your wrist. A vibration option provides discreet alerts.
- Built-in microphone - Allows clear hands-free communication.
- 1.56" LCD touch screen - With Corning Gorilla Glass 3 construction, 320 x 290 resolution and 205 ppi makes navigation simple and clearly presents visuals.
- Water resistant - Moto 360 withstands both water and dust, so you don't have to worry about a splash at the pool or a little sand at the beach*. IP67 Certified.
- Stainless-steel case - With a plastic case back and a leather watch band creates a stylish, yet durable, design.
- All-day battery - Go all day and recharge on a dock at night.
- 4GB internal storage and 512MB RAM - Help ensure fast, efficient performance.
Editor in Chief
With all the hype and pomp that the Samsung Galaxy S 4 has created, one may think that it won't make much news anymore after the launch but to the contrary, it makes even more news from the features to the chips and the records it has broken. Tagged by many as the "Smartphone of the Year for 2013", it is also no secret that it comes in two different variants based on the type of processors used: the Exynos and the Snapdragon versions.
Now, FCC announces that the Korean variant uses an Exynos 5 Octa chip, clocking in at 1.8 GHz. Documents support this information and it couldn't come from a more reliable source. However, not everyone is happy that the Korean version sports a faster CPU than what most of the other S 4 customers will receive. The "Global" version will only run at 1.6 GHz.
Furthermore, the Korean S 4 will also support various bands of LTE. Some people have expressed disappointment over this, saying that everyone should have fair opportunity to get the faster variant, even if it means waiting for a longer period.