Opera Mobile is Now Available for Nokia N9 MeeGo device on Nokia App Store. Provide MeeGo users super fast browsing and support for full site view too.
Up until now Opera Mobile was available for the N9, but not from the Ovi Store and required some work. Now, it is MUCH simple... Just Go to the app Store and download the browser.
Two Days ago we posted some shots of Android ICS 4.0 running on Nokia N9, port-maker Alexey Roslyakov has returned with a video demo of Ice Cream Sandwich on the ordinarily MeeGo smartphone. Roklyakov hack turns the N9 into a dual-booting device hitting the volume key during boot stops MeeGo from running and instead brings up Android 4.0.3.
There are still several issues still to be overcome before Android on the N9 is a realistic prospect, however. Currently the battery indicator is not working the N9 says it needs to be plugged in, though it is clear from the video that is already the case and network connectivity is also non-functional at present.
It is Cool to see the transformation of the Nokia N9 MeeGo smartphone into an Ice Cream Sandwich Device. Credits goes to Alexey Roslyakov and the NITDroid project, Still, There is not yet a public release or guidance on how you can get your own N9 to dual-boot between the platforms.
Where MeeGo lacks the bulk of third-party apps, however, Android does not, and for some the polycarbonate 3.9-inch smartphone would deliver the best of both worlds running each OS. At present, pressing the volume-up button during boot automatically loads up Android rather than MeeGo.
A week ago Nokia released N9 PR1.2 beta version to the Nokia N950 developer device but at the time we did not have the full changelog at the time. Well now we do it includes 5 new languages, app folders, extended copy-and-paste support , lockscreen music controls, front camera support, etc.
- New languages
- Software update notifications for content in Nokia Store
- Face recognition for gallery and face tags for Facebook
- Support for folders in the application view
- Mail for Exchange global address book lookup
- Mail thread support in the Email client
- Extended copy-paste support
- Media sharing with DLNA compatible devices
- Improved browser history view
- Compass support in Maps
- QtWebKit update to version 2.2
- New font taken into use
- Front camera support
- Video editing support in the Gallery application
Other important improvements:
- MeeGotouch Framework
- Visual hint for differentiating swipe close gesture from normal swipes
- Timestamps shown in notifications
- Notifications sorted by timestamps
- Improvements in Event Feed area
- Music controls in Lock screen
- New feedbacks added to MeeGoTouch theme:
- Kernel updated to be in sync with the upstream kernel version 184.108.40.206
- Android NDEF Push Protocol disabled
- NFC polling enabled in lock screen
- Separate switch for controlling mobile background connections while roaming
- Self Timer support
- Composition grid + on/off control
- Better handling of To-Do lists, recurring events and timezones
- Private flag support for events
- Support for read-only events
- Ability to forward/reply/reply-all for received events
- Clock alarm becomes silent by flipping the device face down instead of snoozing
- Updated time picker
- People view added to the grid toolbar
- Improved multiple selection indication in grid view
- Music Player
- Audiobook and podcast support
- Ability to create playlists
- Ability to delete music files from music player library views via object menu
- Possibility to see songs that are on the current play queue
- In addition, there are numerous bug fixes related to the implementation of new features, improving the overall user experience and reliability of the device.
The expected Nokia N9 PR 1.2 update has completed yet another stage of its evolution and has now started seeding.
Unfortunately, it is still only a developer-preview version, so you would need to be a registered MeeGo developer who owns the N950 developer platform to get it, but the final release should not be too far away now. Normally, it takes a month or a month and a half of testing, before such beta versions graduate.
The changelog for PR1.2 includes app folders, video calling support, better camera and gallery and improved copy/paste functionality with brackets.