Those of you that are eager to take Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for a spin on their Samsung Galaxy S II just got another option. In addition to flashing the leaked Samsung beta ICS ROM, you can now try the ICS-based latest version of the MIUI ROM.
The unofficial release is said to be quite stable and ready to do the job as your everyday ROM. Of course, MIUI comes with a heavily customized interface, so if you are a fan of the stock ICS looks you probably do not need to bother with this one.
- Based off MIUI Android v2.1.20 and CyanogenMod 9 Alpha 01172012 build
- KP9 Kernel - Due to data issues with later versions
- Camera from CyanogenMod Supports 8MP
- Fixed External SD not being read, now both Music app and Storage in Settings read it
- Added some build.prop tweaks
- Fixed Storage view Now shows both internal and external SD Card
- SQLite3 upgraded to latest version
- Added TitaniumBackup v4.7.5
Earlier yesterday, Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang let it slip that the ASUS Transformer Prime will be updated to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.
We are now hearing reports from everywhere about people getting the ICS update on their Transformer Prime. Those who updated are reporting improvements in the performance along with new features such as folders found in ICS.