We already saw the Android 4.4.3 update full change-log and we know its currently being tested. Today, more info has been leaked, the version for Android 4.4.3 is codenamed "Hammerhead" and carries a build number of KTU83.
The version of Android 4.4.3 for the Nexus 7 (2013) is KTU79. There is a way to break down these build numbers as they are based on a Google-devised code.
The "K" on the build number refers to KitKat. The third letter, which in this case is "U" is the quarter that the software was written. The last two numbers is a date-code. For example, "83" would be the 83rd day of the quarter which was March 24th. That means that the build seen on the Nexus 5 is just 1 week old. The build for the Nexus 7 (2013) was created on March 21st. The final OTA update isn't so far.
Last week, we heard a rumor about Android 4.4.3 KitKat [Build KTU72B] with camera bug fix that is coming soon. Today, we got the even more confirmed information about the Android 4.4.3 KitKat update, this time is a newer build "KTU8xx".
Android 4.4.3 Screenshot
The New 4.4.3 update will be a minor update with several bug fixes and improvements but no GUI changes, Here is the full change-log.
Android 4.4.3 Change-log:
- Frequent data connection dropout fix
- "Mm-qcamera-daemon" crash and optimization fixes
- Camera focus in regular and HDR modes fixes
- Power Manager display wakelock fix
- Multiple Bluetooth fixes
- Fix for a random reboot
- App shortcuts sometimes got removed from launcher after update
- USB debugging security fix
- App shortcuts security fix
- Wi-Fi auto-connect fix
- Other camera fixes
- MMS, Email/Exchange, Calendar, People/Dialer/Contacts, DSP, IPv6, VPN fixes
- Stuck in activation screen fix
- Missed call LED fix
- Subtitle fixes
- Data usage graph fix
- Internet telephony fix
- FCC compliance fix
- Other miscellaneous fixes
The update build is seems to be finalized and it's coming soon. There is no official date but it won't take too long to see Google seeding the update to its Nexus & GPe devices.
It's been a while since Google released the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update to Nexus phones. Google is apparently testing the Next update which will be Android KitKat version 4.4.3 build number KTU72B.
It's a minor update that will fix a known camera issue on he previous release that present in the Google Nexus 5 as users observed a pretty significant increase in CPU usage when the camera application is operational, which makes the device laggy and drain its battery. This information comes from LlabTooFeR a renowned developer
Android 4.4.3 is under testing. Build number is KTU72B. Probably it will fix known camera bug.— LlabTooFeR (@LlabTooFeR) March 24, 2014
There are no details yet on the other enhancements and fixes that the Android 4.4.3 KitKat update will bring to devices in general. The update is reported to be "under testing" and will be released soon, probably with a different build Number.
The Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the international LG G2 units is now available for download via the OTA service. The KitKat firmware has been available for the Korean LG G2 since December, while the AT&T's users got it the last week of February. The update will roll-out gradually so it could take a few days or weeks before the Android KitKat firmware becomes available for your LG G2.
- Improved user interface with Android 4.4 KitKat: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, improved closed captioning support, and stronger security.
- Improved battery efficiency: the phone plays music more efficiently and supports the battery-saving location mode, extending battery life.
- Faster processing speed: The latest version of Android provides a noticeable speed boost that runs applications 17 percent faster than before and web-browsing speed is mproved with the Chromium engine.
- Printing in the Cloud: Google Cloud Printer makes it simple to print documents via Wi-Fi or a Bluetooth connection.
- Enhanced "Knock On" feature: The responsiveness of LG's Knock On feature has been improved.
Samsung's former flag-ship, Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 users is still waiting for the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, which rumored to be released to their devices earlier this year. However, Galaxy S3 users is still waiting for the official OTA update to KitKat and it's almost April... but finally Samsung broke its silent and provided some info.
The Arabian branch of Samsung confirmed this in a Facebook post after it was questioned by a local user. Also, Samsung Arabia claims that the Android 4.4.2 update for the device is scheduled to arrive by the End of this Month (March). We hope hey keep their promise!