How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 [Root Guide]
[Photos, Price & Specs] Samsung Officially announces Galaxy Note 5 with 4GB RAM and ultra-sleek body
The Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 was just recently updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat, in this Guide we will show you How to Root your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat based firmware [I9505XXUFNA1]. NOTE: Remember to follow the steps carefully, rooting voids your warranty continue at your own risk.
- Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 running firmware I9505XXUFNA1 (only the international variant is supported for the Root).
- Chainfire's CF-Auto-Root package with SuperSU fix Download here
- Samsung Kies Android USB drivers installed and properly configured.
- USB Debugging mode enabled on the phone (Setting -> Developer options)
- Odin3 flashing software configured and working Download Here
- Backup your data completely (Contacts, Music, Videos... etc).
- At least 80% battery remaining on the device.
Download both the Chainfire Auto-Root package and Odin3 from the links in the Requirements section above, and extract them to a convenient location on your PC to be easily accessible.
Put your Galaxy S4 into Download mode. This can be done by powering down the device, and then turning it back ON by pressing and holding the Volume down key + Power key. Follow on-screen instructions to achieve Download mode.
Fire up Odin3 on your PC and connect your phone in Download mode (Step 2) via USB cable. Let Odin do its configurations automatically if it's the first run when device is properly connected, one of the COM boxes on top will turn Yellow along with it containing a COM Port number [ex: COM6].
In Odin, click on "PDA" and select the CF Auto-Root file that you download in (Step 1). Also check that "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" are CHECKED in Odin, whilst leaving all other settings as they are.
After completing (Step 4), Hit the Start button. The process should take hardly a minute after which your device will automatically boot into recovery and set the SuperSU binaries in place. You'll get a Big GREEN Pass on Odin. once your phone powers back normally, you will have root access.