According to some rumors, HTC is working on its first wearables Smartwatch which will allegedly be called "Petra" and WILL NOT be an Android Wear powered device. Instead it will run a simple custom OS that supports Android 4.4+ and iOS 7+.
The HTC Petra sounds like a sporty smart band with IP57 and MIL-STD-810G certifications and an included footpad for more accurate step counting. The wearable will communicate with smartphones over Bluetooth though it should have its own GPS receiver. The screen will be a flexible 1.8" PMOLED with 160 x 32 resolution.
The HTC Petra ius rumored to launch by the end of March in the USA, allegedly of course. Here's the Full HTC Petra Specifications list:
- Chipset: ST Micro STM32L151
- OS: RTOS developed by HTC (No Android Wear support)
- Size: S/M/L
- Weight: 23g
- Display: 1.8" 32*160 PMOLED flexible display
- Support Bluetooth and GPS
- Charge battery via POGO Pin or USB
- Battery Life: 3days+
- Water/Dust proof rated at IP57
- Passed MIL-STD-810G, Method 516.6 test
- Alarm, Timer, Stopwatch, Music Control, Camera Shutter, sleep Analysis, Sports Analysis/ see today's schedule, weather, your phone's notification.
- Support Android phone(Android 4.4 or later), and iOS(7.0 or later).
- Package include footpad which can help to analysis steps more correctly.
- Color: Teal/Lime, Black/Blue Gray
- Expected Launch Date: (Q1,2015) worldwide release but will launch in the U.S. first.