Rumors and reports have only begun to surface that Samsung could be unveiling the technology behind their first foldable smartphone next week, but a much smaller firm has beaten Samsung to it by revealing what is being touted as the "first foldable phone" by them. In all honesty, it looks like a foldable prototype than a marketable device!
The FlexiPai by Rouyu Technology is rumored to be released very soon but if it is going to sport a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855/8150 SoC like Ice Universe tweeted, then that's not going to happen. Also, we kind of hope that Rouyu Technology waits a little longer before actually releasing the device because as of now, it really looks unfinished! Nevertheless, this is definitely a rough look into the future that's waiting for smartphone evolution in general. Check out the key specs below.
· 7.8" truly flexible display with just 7.6mm thickness
· Qualcomm Snapdragon 855/8150 SoC
· 6GB RAM + 128GB storage/8GB RAM + 256GB storage/8GB RAM + 512GB storage
· 16MP wide-angle + 20MP telephoto pairing
· Starting price will exceed $1,290 and will go up as high as $1,860+