Samsung Galaxy Note 7 explodes in Asia

24 August, 2016 Samsung

We have shocking news for you today as we have reports that a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has exploded in Asia while it was being charged. As you can probably imagine, everyone is trying to figure out what actually went wrong, but the only thing we know so far is that a micro-USB to USB Type-C converter was being used to charge the smartphone. Take a look at the photos to get an idea of the situation.

It is unclear as to where it happened exactly, but China seems to be the country as that's where the images came from. This follows news of Samsung Note 7 lawsuits in Ohio and Florida in the US. 

After taking a look at the post-explosion photos, we are not entirely sure if the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 can be called "safe" anymore, unless someone comes up with a convincing explanation that says otherwise.

In the meantime, be sure to only use Samsung certified chargers, cables and converters with your Samsung smartphones. As a rule of thumb, no smartphone should be kept near a source of heat or where there is a chance of liquid damage. Other than that, we can only hope that this was a one-off case, brought on by faulty electronic equipments.


Saikat Kar (tech-enthusiast)


Posts: 8429

© 2023 YouMobile Inc. All rights reserved