Just in time for school, Galaxy S 4 is available from Sprint in three colors: Black Mist, White Frost and the beautiful Purple Mirage, for $199.99 (excluding taxes) with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement.
The award-winning Galaxy S 4 is powered by AndroidTM 4.2.2, Jelly Bean, and boasts a brilliant 5-inch full HD Super AMOLEDTM touchscreen, 1.9GHz quad-core processor and access to the Sprint 4G LTE network. It also offers Multi Window, which allows the use of two apps side-by-side.
Galaxy S 4 features dual cameras: a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera and 2-megapixel front-facing camera with a Dual Camera function that allows simultaneous use of both cameras. To make it easier to share those important moments, it also includes these
• Drama Shot captures a progressive event, like a baby's first steps or a basketball player's slam dunk, in one frame.
• Eraser Shot removes unwanted objects or people from an otherwise perfect picture.
• Live Filters allow an individual to see how a picture will look - on both the camera and camcorder - before the photo is taken.
Galaxy S 4 adds new touchless navigation with innovative features that detect face, voice and motions to enable screen control.
• Air ViewTM lets the user preview emails, photos in the gallery, or even the stories in Flipboard by hovering your finger over the screen.
• Smart Pause pauses a video by looking away from the screen.
• Air GestureTM allows the user to answer a call or skip to the next song by waving his or her hand in front of the screen.
Source: Sprint news room
Just as it was revealed a few weeks back, Sprint now offers a new color of the Samsung Galaxy S III, which will surely appeal to men and women who love purple. This variation, however, does not offer anything special, specs-wise, and the good ol' S 3 in Amethyst Purple is available on Sprint for $99.99 and a $50 mail-in rebate will also be honored for new customers who sign up for a two-year contract.
You will also be able to avail of it for the same price if you add a line or a new number to your existing account and these, according to Sprint, are only offered at a limited time. Furthermore, the success of the Galaxy S 4 and the demand for Galaxy S III will further determine the beloved device's price, except if Samsung releases an improved S III in the market, which is not too likely, but is not impossible either.
Sprint is beginning to roll out the Android 4.1.2, Jelly Bean today for the Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE customers.
The Jelly Bean update will automatically download when your Galaxy Victory is eligible for the enhanced software. Once the download is complete, you will be prompted to install the update. Your device will be disabled during the few minutes it takes to install the update, but it will be ready to use immediately afterward.
Jelly Bean offers users stunning graphical capabilities with expanded feature functionality, including:
- Google NowTM
- Expandable, actionable notifications
- Android BeamTM now lets you send photos and more.
- Widgets work like magic as you place widgets on the screen, everything else automatically moves to make room; when they're too big, widgets resize on their own.
- The update also added new capabilities to Galaxy Victory, including:
- Notifications now display full text of incoming SMS messages, and when you receive an MMS you can view full photo in the notification
- Pinch notifications to expand or collapse them
- Notifications from the same application are grouped together, and the first item is automatically expanded
- Conversational text-to-speech voice in U.S. English
- Voice typing without an Internet connection
- Manage/create Google+ Events from device
- Zagat ratings and reviews built into Google MapsTM
- Indoor walking directions integrated into Google Maps
Head into Settings > About Phone > System updates and download it.