YouMobile on Facebook YouMobile on Google+ Follow YouMobile on Twitter
Latest News - / Huawei - Posts

harmony

Huawei was working on a new operating system after Trump administration enforced a ban on Huawei and Google announced to ceased its support of Android for the company's smartphones. And now, Huawei has officially announced HarmonyOS, the OS that is supposed to replace its reliance on Android. In China, the software is referred to as Hongmeng. The company says that the OS is based on a microkernel distributed OS, and can be used in everything from smartphones to in-vehicle systems. This will create a shared ecosystem across devices. The OS will be released as an open-source platform to encourage developers to work on it.


Since the US ban on Huawei back in May, the Chinese Govt. has shown its full support to the company and company announced that it is going to work on its own OS, but so far, we aren't sure about its reliability and global acceptance. Huawei plans to launch the new OS on a smartphone first before expanding it to other devices like wearables over the next three years. The first devices that will be getting HarmonyOS are expected to be unveiled on Saturday. The focus of this os is the Chinese market at first before Huawei expands it to other markets.

n a statement, the CEO of Huawei's consumer business group, Richard Yu, says that HarmonyOS is "completely different from Android and iOS" because of its ability to scale across different kinds of devices. "You can develop your apps once, then flexibly deploy them across a range of different devices," the CEO says. Although the OS has the ability to power more devices, in a follow-up press release, Huawei said that for the time being, they are going to use it only on the upcoming smartphones. It will continue using Android on its existing phones. Whether it can continue to do so is another matter. In a press conference following the launch, Yu said that the situation was "unclear" as to whether Huawei can still use Android, and that the company is "waiting on an update" to find out.

 

 


huawei

 

Huawei Technologies Co Ltd is testing a smartphone with a new operating system Hongmeng, the company's OS developed in-house. This device can go on sale by the end of this year, as Chinese state-media Global times reported. Earlier this year, Huawei had to face trade sanctions from Trump administration which forces to cancel all trades with the company. This led to an international crisis for the Chinese company. While the Huawei band only came into effect this year. The company choose to develop its own operating system after Google refused to continue its license for Android OS. The company has also contributed to develop Android operating system.


We don't have much information about the new OS - Hongmeng. But Huawei executives has referred it as an operating system designed for interconnecting the internet-of-things products. An upcoming Honor TVs is expect to have the Hongmeng as its operating system. The company is using Android as its preferred operating system in the mobile devices so far, but the switch could happen in the near future, bringing Hongmeng to more devices.


In the past, no smartphone manufacturer has attempted such a bold attempt. Android has been the best alternative for non-iPhone users. People are not sure about the future of the company or its operating system but still they are excited to see something strong as Android's rival. It will take a lots of research, support of open-source community and devlopers by the world's second-largest smartphone manufacturer to be able to break-in to the system. Even with this global crisis, Huawei managed to grow by 23% in the first half of 2019. Another information was about the price. The device is expected to be priced around 2,000 yuan ($288). The company hasn't refer any name for this device so far.


huawei

 

Huawei consumer business CEO Richard Yu was recently spotted using the Mate X in an airport. Three months after indefinitely delay the device, Samsung finally announced a revised September release date for the Galaxy Fold on Wednesday. Releasing a phone in September means getting a tough competition with iPhone but it also means getting in front of directly Huawei's Mate X. Huawei's take on the foldable smartphone also broke cover this week after being spotted in the hands of Huawei consumer business CEO Richard Yu at the Shenzhen International Airport, according to a Weibo post spotted by Gizchina.


Although we didn't get any details about when Huawei's competing foldable will launch. The last official statement suggested that the company will release it in September, the same month as Samsung. Huawei's device was due for release back in June but the company had to delay the release to be extra cautious. Huawei's delay was less publically visible. At the time company said that it was taking a cautious approach to release the Mate X. The company spent this time to conduct extensive testing to make sure it was ready for consumers.


As per Huawei it has made significant progress on the device since February but the company didn't reveal any details on what has changed. The hardware is basically the same as it was shown earlier this year. We may not have to long wait until the Mate X release. Samsung had to face PR embarrassment but Huawei's phone was never released for public use. Samsung may have to face the competition but Huawei's license is due to expire on August 19th and this has to clear that what will happen to its OS after that.


huawei

 

Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei spoke to Chinese media on Tuesday a few days after U.S President Trump issued orders to blacklist Huawei's business in the United States. He seems relaxed and confident despite of the situation that may cause a huge damage to the company. He said, United States underestimates the company's strength. Many suggest that it is an attempt to stop the company's global ambition and possible domination in next-generation 5G technology. He said, Huawei's 5G will absolutely not be affected. In terms of 5G technologies, others won't be able to catch up with Huawei in two or three years.


Last year, Trump declared a so-called national emergency which empowers him to blacklist companies seen as ‘an unacceptable risk to the national security of the United States' - which seem to be clearly aimed for Huawei. At the same time, the US commerce department announced an effective ban on American companies to stop them to have any kind of business with Huawei. Ren said, we cannot be isolated from the world. We can also make the same chips as the US chips but it doesn't mean we won't buy them.


Google's operating system Android powers most of the smartphones in the world. After trump administration bans, Google announced to cut-off its ties with Huawei and suspended its licenses for Huawei. Although the company can still use the open-source version of the operating system. This move could have some serious negative implications on the company and its consumer, as the telecom company will no longer be able to access Google's proprietary services such as Gmail, Google maps etc. The US commerce department gave 90 days temporary license to deal with the impact, but Ren said, that we are ready. Huawei said, that Google and the company is working on terms how to deal with the ban as it referred the Google as a highly responsible company. A company spokesperson in Australia said the US actions "will not impact consumers" with a Huawei tablet or smartphone in the country, or those planning to buy a device in the future.


huawei

 

US Department of Commerce provided a temporary license to Huawei for three months. Now the Chinese company will be able to keep sending software updates to its consumers for next three months after receiving a temporary license from the US commerce department. The existing license is due to expire on August 19th. The temporary license, effective from today, allows Huawei to take necessary actions to provide service and support, or software updates, security patches to its existing Huawei handsets that people are already using before May 16, 2019. The license will also allow Huawei to receive any security patches or maintain network equipment.


Last week, the Trump administration declared a national emergency to deal with Chinese technologies growth. This allowed the Secretary of Commerce to block all transactions with China considering it as a national security risk. Soon after the Trump administration blacklist Huawei, Google announced its cut-off with the company as it would be illegal for any company to work with the Chinese telecom giant without written permission from the U.S govt.


Google has announced that it would no long provide Android services for Huawei, although it is said that the company can continue to use the open source version of the OS. The Chinese market wouldn't have a great impact as they are already using the limited version of OS. This move, however, will have negative impact on Huawei's international sales numbers. The temporary general license will allow the company and the department to take the required actions for the customers in America and worldwide who are currently using Huawei devices. After this act, people are assuming that Chinese Govt. will surrender to Trump trade deal with China but only time will tell as the rumors suggest that Huawei has already start working on its own Operating system.

Results per page:
1 2 3 4 >>
Description

youmobileorg
Posts: 4898





© 2018 YouMobile Inc. All rights reserved