iQOO has come up with probably the cheapest 5G smartphone by the company today. The Chinese manufacturer also unveiled another smartphone called iQOO U1 but this one is 4G and has a pricing of $171. You can say that it is the most affordable phone in the company. The smartphone may sound cheap but has some great specs. For example, the phone has a punch-hole display, a massive battery, and fast-charging support.
The iQOO UI has a 6.53-inch FHD+ display with a 1080x 2340 resolution. The device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 720 2.3GHz processor. You can purchase the phone with 8GB of RAM, and 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage. It comes with three rear cameras, including a 48-megapixel primary camera, a 2-megapixel depth camera lens, and a 2-megapixel macro shooter lens. For the front camera, it features an 8MP lens for selfies and video calling. The device is using a side-facing fingerprint scanner for security.
The iQOO UI is available in three variants in terms of memory and storage. You can purchase the 6GB RAM and 64GB internal storage for CNY 1,198, 6GB memory and 128GB internal storage for CNY 1,398, 8GB memory and 128GB internal storage for CNY 1,598. The phone has standard connectivity options and measures 162.05mm x 76.61mm x 8.46mm and weighs 190 grams. Connectivity options include dual-band Wi-Fi, 4G, Bluetooth v5.1, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack, and a Micro-USB port for charging. The phone is powered by a 4,500mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging and OTG reverse charging. The device has three color options - secret black, star blue, and sunny forest white. The phone will go on sale in China starting July 23.
According to some rumors, HTC is working on its first wearables Smartwatch which will allegedly be called "Petra" and WILL NOT be an Android Wear powered device. Instead it will run a simple custom OS that supports Android 4.4+ and iOS 7+.
The HTC Petra sounds like a sporty smart band with IP57 and MIL-STD-810G certifications and an included footpad for more accurate step counting. The wearable will communicate with smartphones over Bluetooth though it should have its own GPS receiver. The screen will be a flexible 1.8" PMOLED with 160 x 32 resolution.
The HTC Petra ius rumored to launch by the end of March in the USA, allegedly of course. Here's the Full HTC Petra Specifications list:
- Chipset: ST Micro STM32L151
- OS: RTOS developed by HTC (No Android Wear support)
- Size: S/M/L
- Weight: 23g
- Display: 1.8" 32*160 PMOLED flexible display
- Support Bluetooth and GPS
- Charge battery via POGO Pin or USB
- Battery Life: 3days+
- Water/Dust proof rated at IP57
- Passed MIL-STD-810G, Method 516.6 test
- Alarm, Timer, Stopwatch, Music Control, Camera Shutter, sleep Analysis, Sports Analysis/ see today's schedule, weather, your phone's notification.
- Support Android phone(Android 4.4 or later), and iOS(7.0 or later).
- Package include footpad which can help to analysis steps more correctly.
- Color: Teal/Lime, Black/Blue Gray
- Expected Launch Date: (Q1,2015) worldwide release but will launch in the U.S. first.