Things are really not looking good for Samsung at all as a brand new serious issue has just surfaced in the form of a lawsuit for something that was previously unknown and unheard of. Daniel Ramirez is a construction worker who has filed a lawsuit against the South Korean electronics giant for allegedly selling defective and explosive Galaxy S7 Edge smartphones. He stated that the incident occurred in Ohio, where he was working in a bookstore and the S7 Edge was in his pant pocket. The phone wasn't being charged or even used while it caught fire and caused Daniel to receive second and third degree burns. He tried to grab the smoking smartphone and throw it out of his pocket, which burned his right hand as well. This was followed by the S7 Edge proceeding to literally explode in his pocket causing horrible injuries.
Now, this is an incident that reportedly occurred on May 30, which is more than three months before the Note 7 was even officially revealed. In light of the recently occuring battery related fires originating from the Note 7 and its worldwide recall by the manufacturer, ClassAction.com has taken it upon themselves to sue the OEM over this tragic incident. They want a worldwide recall for the S7 Edge, just like Samsung did with the Note 7. Not only is this the first time that we are hearing about the S7 Edge catching fire and exploding, but this is also the only time that such an unfortunate accident seems to have happened while the phone was not even being charged. We will have to wait and see what Samsung has to say about this.
Saikat Kar (tech-enthusiast)