The latest WhatsApp version 2.12.258 for Android packs New emoji and some New features along with the usual Bug fixes.
One of the new features is the ability to mute contacts individually, whereas previously you could only mute groups. You can now also mark chats as rear or unread. WhatsApp also added some new emoji, like the middle finger and spock emoji, and now you can choose different skin colors for some of the emoji. There is now also an option to reduce call quality and use less data. Lastly, there is now support for Urdu and Bengali languages.
The new updates also bring the ability to mark conversations as unread, although this will only take effect in your app, and the message will still show up as read to the other participants in a conversation.
The new features also include a few new setting options. One particularly interesting addition is a new low data mode for voice calls, one that, as the name suggests, will put voice calls on a data diet, a feature that will be surely welcomed in emerging markets where mobile data is still expensive.
Whatsapp 2.12.258 Change-log:
• Per chat custom notification settings and mute
• Mark chats as unread or read
• Added new emoji. You can also tap and hold on some emoji to choose a different color.
• When receiving a contact card, you can now quickly message or save the contact if they're on WhatsApp
• Lower the data usage used during WhatsApp calls in Settings > Chats and Calls
• Language support for Urdu and Bengali
You can Download the New WhatsApp 2.12.258 Official APK below, if you don't want to wait until the update reaches your Android device via Google Play Store.