Recent rumors about the next upcoming smartphones suggest another low-budget smartphone by the HMD Global called Nokia 2.4. The device was spotted at Geekbench in the last month. A fresh report by Nokia Power User has revealed some important spec information on the device. As per leaks the highest variant of the Nokia 2.4 will have 3GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage. It will also come in 2GB RAM and 32GB storage variants. The device will be available in three color options such as grey, blue, and purple.
The Nokia 2.4 is reported to have a big 4,500mAh battery that is enough to keep it alive all day long with a single charge with support to fast charging. The phone features a 6.5-inch screen with 271 PPI and IPS LCD. The phone is powered by the octa-core 2GH MediaTek Helio P22 processor. The device supports dual SIM options. The expected launch date in India is around October this year but this isn't confirmed yet. Nokia 2.4 might be available fewer Rs. 10,000 in the Indian market. Coming to the FCC listing, the report states that the Nokia 2.4 has four variants - TA-1277, TA-1270, TA-1274, and TA-1275, out of which the TA-1270 is a dual-SIM variant. The rest of the specifications remain the same across all the variants.
According to the leaks, the Nokia 2.4 will feature a 13-MP primary camera with a 2-MP dual camera like the predecessor Nokia 2.3 phone. It houses a front-camera of 5-MP for selfies. The phone will come with an Android 10 operating system out of the box. Although we are not sure about its launch date yet, it could be one of the phones that HMD Global may launch at the IFA 2020 tech trade show in the next month.
The Galaxy S8 is all but revealed, thanks to a barrage of leaks from various sources on the internet over the last month or so. However, it's still great to get confirmation of those leaks from a reputed source like Ming-Chi Kuo from KGI Securities. Most of what he has mentioned was already known, but he did add a few little details to fill in the gaps.
• The curved Super AMOLED displays on the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8+ will be of 5.8-inch and 6.2-inch respectively.
• The QHD+ resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels will give the S8 an unconventional 18:9 ratio like the LG G6.
• There will be no physical Home buttons and all sensors will remain on the top bezel of the phone.
• Those sensors will include proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, Infrared blaster, front camera sensor and an iris scanner.
• At the back, there will be the single rear camera, the LED flash, a heart rate sensor and a fingerprint scanner just on the right of the main camera.
• The rear and front cameras will be of 12-megapixels and 8-megapixels respectively.
• Both phones will come in Gold, Silver, Blue, Orchid, Pink, Matter Black and Bright Black color variants, depending on the specific region.
• USB Type-C v3.1 will be there.
• PC Mode via an external dock to connect to a monitor will be included to create a desktop like working environment.
• As always, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chip will be powering the two devices in Japan, China and the US, while the Exynos 8895 will power them everywhere else.
• Both devices will feature 6GB of RAM in South Korea and China, but 4GB of RAM everywhere else.
• April 21st is almost certainly the date on which the S7 and the S7 Edge will go on sale in most regions.
That about covers everything. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask us in the comments.
Saikat Kar (tech-enthusiast)
The unveiling date of the Galaxy S8 is now just about a week away, but as things stand, nothing much is left to the imagination. We now have a pretty good idea about how the two phones will look and what specifications they will sport. Nevertheless, today's leak confirms the color options and the pricing details in Europe for us. As the leaks are brought in by Evan Blass, we would say that the information is pretty reliable.
Take a look at the images leaked by the leakster which shows the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8+ in three color variations. The colors according to the leak will be called Black Sky, Orchid Grey and Arctic Silver. In the renders that we see here, It would be almost impossible to distinguish between the S8 and the S8+, had it not been mentioned by @evleaks.
He also leaked the pricing details of the two flagship handsets in a separate Tweet. Although we must admit that the pricing doesn't come as much of a surprise to us since we have heard and reported about these alleged price tags earlier also. The Galaxy S8 will be priced at €799 and the Galaxy S8+ will be priced at €899 in Europe. Additionally, he also revealed the prices of the DeX Station (€150), the GearVR (€129) and the Gear 360 (€229).
Saikat Kar (tech-enthusiast)