The Galaxy S10 series of smartphones might be the talk of the town at the moment, but in many of our opinions, Samsung made a much more significant announcement earlier today by announcing the much awaited and rumored foldable Galaxy smartphone, aka the Galaxy Fold. It has been in rumors for 5 years straight and now that it is finally, almost here, it is STILL a prototype! Nonetheless, check out the key facts about the Galaxy Fold below, which will supposedly release in April.
· The Cover Display is 4.6-inch with a resolution of 840 x 1960, at 21:9 aspect ratio
· The Fold unravels to a 7.3-inch Infinity Flex display with a resolution of 1536 x 2152 at 4.2:3 aspect ratio
· The multi-geared hinge will last hundreds of thousands of uses
· There is a corner notch to house the two selfie cams on the main screen
· The rear camera setup is a tri-camera module
While it seemed like an uniquely impressive device during the presentation, for what it tends to achieve, there is no denying the fact that the Galaxy Fold is a clunky device that costs almost $2000! Will you be buying one if it comes out in April? Or will you wait till 2020? By which time, Samsung is almost guaranteed to slim down the device with better design and will probably price it a lot cheaper too.