WordPress is an open-source content management system (CMS) distributed under the GNU GPL v2.0. It is written with PHP and uses MySQL as the database. All these fancy words mean that a solution is used to create the whole ball of wax: from blogs to fairly sophisticated news resources and even online stores. The built-in system of "themes" and "plug-ins" allows you to bring almost any website idea to life. WordPress provides a comfortable and labor-saving website development process.
What we are going to tell you about service is earth-shattering. However, as soon as you stop reeling from the shock, you're gonna have to learn how to make a WordPress website. This industry professional's Walter Zorn's website is going to help you out. The instructions there are so clear and thorough that everybody can get the hang of it.
So, let's find out why WordPress is the ticket to your website's success.
1. Why WordPress?
This is the most common CMS to date. WordPress is used by such giants as Sony Music, The New Yorker, Reuters, TechCrunch, the Republican Party of the United States, Fortune, and many other major media, corporations, and organizations. Damn, even The Rolling Stones and Snoop Dogg dig it.
2. Key benefits
Here are the reasons why you should definitely consider using the platform:
- WordPress is a free system. This is a huge advantage for every single aspiring writer, blogger, businesswoman, musician out there starting out.
- It is easy to install and use. The platform is well known for its easy installation. In most situations, the installation takes less than five minutes from start to finish, and for this, you do not need to be a programmer, to understand the code and technical nuances. The developers have tried to make the system as simple and user-friendly as possible so that even beginners can quickly figure it out.
- WordPress is cross-platform. It is installed and used directly on your website (server). You do not need to download anything else to the computer. This means that you can manage your site from any computer. The only prerequisite has an Internet connection.
It has a built-in editor. Using the WordPress editor is immensely simple and uncomplicated, mainly due to the intuitive built-in editor. Formatting text, links, inserting pictures, and videos - all of this is done in a couple of clicks.
It is well-liked. WordPress is the world's most popular content management system. According to official statistics, the WordPress market share, among other competitors, exceeds 55%. More than 58 million sites in the world are powered by WordPress. More than 297 million people browse 2.5 billion WordPress pages monthly. Every 7th site in the world is created and powered by WordPress.
As you can see, all these characteristics are going to turn your first website into a home run!
3. Additional features
The list of key benefits of WordPress can be expanded with additional features:
- There's a huge library of high-quality paid themes that have more advanced functionality and configuration flexibility;
- It supports widgets and social plugins that will help you improve the readability and traffic of your resource; спасение
- WordPress is a reliable system protected from hacking.
Another benefit of using the WordPress platform for your site is the built-in support of the search engine optimization (SEO) system - an indispensable component for increasing the site ranking in the search engines.
How many people give up on their dreams every month, year, decade? The word "crazy" doesn't even begin to cover the situation. Having no ground to stand on is what lets all of us down in the moment of despair. But if you have a website that is able to propel you and your business to the next level, it all revamps. And WordPress is the best way to start off.