For smartphone owners over at XDA-Developers, a new flagship smartphone is as good as useless without root. Just ask the thousands of AT&T and Verizon Galaxy S5 owners in their 7th week of waiting. So far it looks like Samsung, AT&T or Verizon won't offer a way to unlock the device for rooting and in the meantime the community has put up an award for the first developer to find a way to root the Galaxy S5 from Verizon and AT&T. That bounty is currently more than $18,000 in prize.
- Be the first person to create or find a method to achieve the following:
- Exploiting a fully stock VRU1ANCG build to gain root access
- Make a post in this thread with the following:
- Proving it works with appropriate photos and/or screenshots
- Providing full step-by-step instructions for which anyone else can follow
- Wait for at least one member to follow the same method and confirm it works the same on their fully stock device with VRU1ANCG build
- Claim your bounty via PM from pledger(s)