2018 will forever be remembered as the year that gave online gambling the publicity that it needs. The growth observed in the online gaming industry, the increase in technological advancements, and the incorporation of virtual reality is now shaping online gambling as a market to be reckoned with.
But, with so much observed so far, there are just a few more surprises to be expected in 2019. Let us provide you with some trends to expect.
- More Advanced Role of Virtual Reality- Online gambling industry will definitely be looking to consolidate on their success with the use of virtual reality in the industry. They will be looking to provide more dynamic ways of playing games and experiencing the casino atmosphere. For example, Oculus Rift and Gameplay are looking to take their users to a whole new level with AR in their gaming experience. They will now see their playing partners and opponents on the same table with this new technology.
- Increased Use of Digital Currencies- Since Bitcoin started out in 2009, more and more digital currencies like Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, Ripples and the likes, cryptocurrencies are now seen as a valid means of transaction. Even though the growth is gradual, sooner or later, the world will accept it and it is even poised to overtake fiat currencies. More and more gambling sites are making available the option of depositing and withdrawing in Bitcoin- which is the most popular digital currencies. So, if that has started right now, expect more of it in 2019. Other cryptocurrencies will definitely be added. Another advantage is the fact that the blockchain technology provides a better and more secure way of completing transactions.
- More emphasis on Technology- 2019 is poised to be a better year in the integration of more technology in the online gambling industry. For now, the technology behind secure logins will continue to get better, trying to improve how often a user needs to type up their username and passwords during an online session. We can also expect that fingerprint technology will be improved to help users get an easier way to logging in, as in the case with Swedish bank ID. It is common nowadays to use fingerprints in unlocking our smartphones. Imagine how easy it will be when users can access their accounts by just scanning their fingerprints.
- Improved Live Dealer experience- Presently, the live dealer gaming experience is common among online gamblers because with it they feel like they are part of the actual stuff the more. In 2019, we can expect such innovation to get even better. For example, Golden Nugget is starting to offer more to its customers in the Live Dealer experience by featuring a roulette option straight from the casino. Online casinos is another area that we expect big changes in 2019. Even though sites like https://www.hajper.com/ already allows you to play live casinos online now, you can expect something new and even better from them in 2019.
- Cross-platform Gaming- Presently, many people like executing a lot of things from their mobile devices. The same goes for online gaming too. For instance, recent statistics show that 50% of the revenue generated from gambling comes from mobile devices. It is a known fact that people love doing things on-the-go. We can rightly expect that online gaming platforms will be trying to make their services more available via the internet in 2019.
So, expect the unexpected. Expect big things from the online gambling industry in 2019.
Mobile gambling was hardly a blip on the radar a few years ago but the amount of players using mobile phones to play casino games is increasing daily.
Today mobile phones have more processing power and the mobile games on offer are of a very high quality and standard. According to Optimove, mobile players generally spend more time playing online and convert faster into paying customers.
What is mobile gambling?
Mobile gambling is playing a game of chance or skill using a mobile device connected to a secure Wi-Fi network. This allows for instant online play or downloading of games. Many casino owners now release mobile applications which are compatible with Android and iOS devices.
However, mobile device owners can also directly access online casinos from the browsers on their phones as most of them have HTML-driven versions optimized for small screens.
Mobile gambling as a part of online gambling
Every country has restrictions when it comes to online gambling, which includes mobile gambling, and access may depend on where a player is situated.
A Deloitte report on the British remote betting and gaming industry contains various tables that show the mobile gambling market as being especially robust in the U.K. They found that about a third of all gamblers use their smartphones or tablets to play.
Mobile gambling is the same as online gambling in most respects - with the added advantage of being able to play while on-the-go.
Why mobile casinos are so popular
Mobility and fast access to mobile gambling platforms, new ways to pay by phone and exclusive bonuses have all contributed to the popularity of mobile casinos.
A growing number of users are enjoying more interactive experiences as they use their devices to place bets whenever and wherever they're in the mood to do so. They can play mobile slots and pay by phone bill. It is possible to play in odd moments while standing in a queue or waiting for a bus.
The growth in mobile gambling also comes from the popularity of social gaming. Consumers enjoy playing free casino games and low minimum deposit casinos will then offer them real money casino games.
Most popular mobile casino games nowadays
All the best mobile casino apps for real money in 2019 offer games such as blackjack, roulette, baccarat, video poker and slots that are especially tailored for a mobile phone.
You can find the top casino apps for smartphones that are as secure as computer platforms, using 128-bit end-to-end encryption.
If you're wondering whether you're able to play every online casino game on a mobile, the answer is almost all of them. You may not be able to enjoy live dealer games but you can play most slots and table games.
Mobile devices are changing the online gambling industry quickly, resulting in a necessity to provide a seamless user experience for players. Mobile is becoming a key channel for expansion to new users, driving the growth of the online gaming industry as a whole.
Want the Las Vegas gambling experience without the hassle of booking flights and accommodation? Well, we have the answer for you! Simply join the fun online at megavegas.com and start playing today.
MegaVegas is a fairly young development in Canadian online gambling. While other nations around the world may have somewhat wilder, more extreme solutions when it comes to the methods of gambling, the lawmakers of Canada have managed to maintain a heavily regulated, even-handed approach, despite the allure of making easy money. Their laws remain fairly flexible, while still keeping the welfare of their citizens in mind at all times.
To understand the foundations of Canadian gambling, it is best to first take a look at the history behind it. Prior to the 1970s, gambling was an illegal practice, and made up the majority of Canada's organised crime rate. This slowly began to change as the years went on, as these previously-illegal gaming activities suddenly became accessible to the average citizen. In 1985, the next major leap took place when territories and provinces were given the right to oversee these games, such as Slots, charitable gaming and Lotteries.
When it comes to online gambling, Canada's rules are somewhat undecided. Canadian law doesn't prohibit the practice of betting online, but it does insist on the service to be fully licensed or owned by a provincial government, in order to be considered legal. And luckily for you, MegaVegas has all of that sorted, so you'll be ready to go!
Each province within Canada is considered to be their own self-governed entity, therefore they have their own individual policies when it comes to practicing safe gambling. Read on below to find out a little bit about some of the most casino-crazy places in the country!
Ontario is known to have the highest population of people out of all the provinces within Canada. And with that, over 90% of residents in Southern Ontario are within a one-hour drive of a legal gambling institution.
- There are over 25 land-based casinos across Ontario, ranging from privately-owned buildings along with more commercialised government locations.
- As well as being featured in the land-based casinos, Slot machines can also be found at racetracks and other event locations.
- Ontario residents appear to deeply enjoy a game of Lotto! In addition to National Lottery draws, they can also partake in Ontario's very own Lottery draws. They actually boast one of the largest Lottery networks in North America!
Quebec was one of the first provinces to begin offering these legal games of chance, having joined the motion in 1970, offering more and more variations of much-loved casino games each year.
- Quebec is currently home to nine land-based casinos, which are popular with both locals and citizens from neighbouring American states. All their gambling activity is overseen by the Quebec Alcohol, Racing, and Gaming Commission to ensure fun, safe and fair gameplay at all times!
- Their preferences appear to be somewhat traditional, as they have little to no support set up to maintain online gambling sites. Residents can play on any site that allows them online from their location, specifically the government-owned Espacejeux.