I have been waiting for this since Google changed their API and you had to change weather data providers. This app smooth on my Galaxy Nexus.
You can use it to see the current conditions and the forecast for today and tomorrow. You can customize your maps by choosing from nine sets of icons and by defining the list of your favourite cities.
Weather Maps includes five kinds of maps:
- - the classical weather map
- - a simulation of satellite view
- - a map of cities temperature
- - the current cities humidity
- - a direct view of current winds
This app is intended as a tool for graphical visualization of free third-parts data, all responsibility for data incompleteness or accuracy are declined.
- - cities list is derived by the database of GeoNamesTM
- - weather data are retrieved by web services of Yahoo! WeatherTM
This morning, the Weather Channel has updated its Android app for smartphones and tablets with the biggest redesign since 2009, cleaner interface, better maps. If you need to know the week forecast, or even up to the minute details on when and if it will rain, this is the app for you.
Among other features, the Weather Channel's upgraded Android app provides: new localized maps and map layers include past and future radar, severe weather bulletins, and tropical cyclone tracking; improved management for saved locations; the option to expand detailed weather data that is collapsed; the ability to share weather forecasts, maps, alerts and more with family and friends to Facebook, Twitter and other social networks.
What's in this version:
- "Expect rain to start at 3:15p"-No more guessing! If your weather is changing within 6 hrs, we let you the exact time it will happen.
- Faster maps with past & future radar, severe weather bulletins
- More detailed forecasts
- A better selection of videos
- Optimized for Android tablets
- Set up your favorites places to take full advantage of our weather widgets and notifications.
- What everyone has been asking for, a Refresh button!
- It is now easy to share your weather with your friends & family
SkyMotion lets you know exactly when precipitation will start and end for your exact location. Plan the next 2 hours with precise knowledge of how precipitation will impact you, your family or your business.
• Sky Motion automatically detects your location in an astonishing 16,000,000 zones across the contiguous United States and Canada.
• Find out exactly when precipitation will start and end, down to the minute, for your exact location.
SUMMER AND WINTER
• Use SkyMotion throughout the year! Our app is capable of forecasting rain, snow, freezing rain, ice pellets and hail.
What's in this version:
• Bug fixes (184.108.40.206) and other improvements
• Improved Precipitation Forecaster with improved winter features: Snow, Freezing Rain, Ice Pellets and Hail
Link: Google play Store Link
There's always something nice about simple, no-frills applications such as SkyMotion that attract many. This is what busy people need. Simple yet effective and most of all, it does its work really well. There are not many toggles and menus to try around, it just lets you know if it will rain or snow in a moment.
The way it does this is what is more interesting. It combines a slew of algorithms and 2 hours interval rain forecasts that was developed by SkyMotion Research. It produces timely and localized forecasts and refreshes the data in multiples of 5 minutes intervals. It is actually very accurate and highly localized.
There are no other special features for the application. It has no map or any other function other than tell you what the weather is. It might be too simple or even boring for some, but hey, it gets the work done.
It's not even a question how Google will be able to create an application or an Android feature that lets it integrate weather conditions with photo editing. It's only a matter of when Google will implement it. In fact, it has already patented the idea and what it would do is to automatically adjust a person's photos instantly, depending on the lighting and weather conditions where the shot was taken, as well as weather forecasts in that particular area. Cool, eh?
Using this feature, Google plans to approximate your location based on information from cell towers nearest where you are at the time of the photo shoot. Also, GPS location can be a source for the weather info. Photos can then be adjusted accordingly.
With these future innovations from Google, the Android OS is really set to becoming a better and more exciting platform than it already is.