I have been waiting for this since Google changed their API and you had to change weather data providers. This app smooth on my Galaxy Nexus.
You can use it to see the current conditions and the forecast for today and tomorrow. You can customize your maps by choosing from nine sets of icons and by defining the list of your favourite cities.
Weather Maps includes five kinds of maps:
- - the classical weather map
- - a simulation of satellite view
- - a map of cities temperature
- - the current cities humidity
- - a direct view of current winds
This app is intended as a tool for graphical visualization of free third-parts data, all responsibility for data incompleteness or accuracy are declined.
- - cities list is derived by the database of GeoNamesTM
- - weather data are retrieved by web services of Yahoo! WeatherTM
Google Maps updated yesterday. In the update, we're seeing faster navigation, that also has route previews and better traffic overviews. There are improved hotel search results with sponsored rate and booking links (read: advertisements). And Google even included a "Tips and Tricks" menu that can be accessed through the slideout navigation, though it's nothing more than a redirect to a Maps support page.
Explore new places, discover local favorites, and navigate your world with Google Maps. Available on Android phones and tablets with a simple, easy-to-use design.
- Get where you need to go quickly with voice guided turn-by-turn GPS navigation, or try public transit, biking, and walking directions
- Find the perfect spot for any occasion with local reviews from trusted friends and experts
- Tour cities with stunning, 360-degree Street View and see inside restaurants, museums and more
- Sign in to save favorite locations, get tailored recommendations, and access past searches across devices
- Faster access to navigation, complete with route and traffic overview
- Improved hotel search results with sponsored rates and booking links
- Tips and Tricks available in the side menu
- Bug fixes
Google Maps is an authority for all those who travel on the road and the Google Maps Transit is very effective for those who use public transportation. It is accurate and comprehensive and it also provides information on schedules of buses that ply on Salt Lake City Area and live train departure times on NY subway.
Other useful information that you could get using the Google Maps Transit are the estimated time of travel, estimate fare for many cities in over 25 countries in the world as well as pick-up points that you can view live.
Google Maps is available for Android devices and the iPhone and you can already try the application to see if it helps. Also, according to Google Map's Partnership Development Manager, Soufi Esmaeilzadeh's post on their blog, if you work in a transit agency, you can interact with Google to help make the service bigger and better, so that more people can benefit from the useful information that it can offer.