Who hasn't heard of Apple's win over Samsung in a bitter property intellectual fight? Probably, no one, or if there are still others who haven't, they probably have not even heard of mobile phones either.
According to Reuters, Tim Cook, Apple's present CEO never wanted to sue the Korean tech company over design issues the reason for this being Samsung was the supplier of some of the most important elements used in making iPads and iPhones.
So what made Apple sue despite Samsung being their major supplier of parts and technology and them being a major client of the other? Pulling each other down would only mean big losses in profits for both.
One reason why is to possibly pressure the Korean giant to affirm their allegiance with Google, despite their other commitments to non-Android OS's. Somehow, suing Samsung makes Apple hit two birds with one stone: to go to court against Google (their relevant rival) indirectly and to pressure Samsung over the extent of their "duty" to Android.
The popular Bump Android app has taking to the next level and allowing phones and computers to swap photos and more files back and forth between devices without even having to think about cables.
Use Bump to share contact information, photos, videos, and files by simply bumping two phones together. Just open Bump, hold your phones, and gently bump your hands together -- Bump will magically do all the rest.
• SYNC WITH YOUR COMPUTER: Visit https://bu.mp on your computer and bump your space bar to transfer photos, videos, and files
• SHARE CONTACTS: Share your contact info; connect on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
• SHARE PHOTOS: Share photos and videos with friends and family
• SHARE FILES: Share files or documents stored on your device
• SYNC DEVICES: Move contacts, photos, and files between your devices
• SHARE APPS: Share app recommendations
What's in this version:
New in 3.4.9:
+ Now Bump works with computers too! Photos, videos, files, everything. Just go to https://bu.mp on your computer web browser and bump your spacebar key with your device. Seriously, it's magic!
The latest update also brings more bug fixes, including a fix for an issue that prevented users from making calls or changing their availability status to online. The update awaits you in the Google Play Store, so get over there and download it so you can finally sign out.
- Find all your friends and family in an instant - With over 250 million people using Skype, you're bound to bump into someone you know.
- Talk with your fingers - No matter where you are, your friends are always at your fingertips with free instant messaging.
- Call your world from Skype - Talk to your heart's content with free voice and video calls to all your friends and family on Skype.
- Low cost calls to mobiles and landlines too - Keep in touch, even if they're not on Skype, with low cost calls and SMS to mobiles and landlines on the other side of town or the world.
- Share your favourite snaps - Got a favourite photo to share? Send it over Skype to friends and family and you won't have to worry about email size limits or expensive MMS charges.
- Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype's available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even TVs. Whatever device your friends or family use, Skype just works. Simple.
- Video messaging - Record life's everyday amoments and share them with the people who matter most, with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
- Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
What's in this version:
- It's still the all new Skype, only now it's better...
- Thanks to your feedback, you can now sign out from any of the home screens in addition to the profile screen. Just hit the menu key from any of them.
- For good measure we've fixed some more bugs too, including one that might have prevented you from making any calls or changing your status to online.