Hurray to another device that received the Jelly Bean update. Sprint has brought Android 4.1 Jelly Bean to the 10-incher Samsung Galaxy Tab today. It can be recalled that other variants for the device were already upgraded and the update was issued only for the "Wi-Fi only" Tab 2.
The Android 4.1.1 will bring about enhancements and additions on notifications, system and it will also allow users to enjoy Google Now. Other fab features are the Project Butter and photography applications and other bonuses.
It will probably take weeks to complete the roll out but be assured that it will definitely come to all Sprint Tab 2 devices. You will receive a notification prior to installation and it won't take long starting from now, so better check constantly on your tablet's "About" section.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 from Sprint Gets Jelly Bean Update
Today, Sprint began rolling out the AndroidTM 4.1.1, Jelly Bean, update to its Samsung Galaxy Tab® 2 10.1 customers.
The update is available over the air (wirelessly). The update notification will be pushed automatically to Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 users during the next few weeks. Once the download is complete, you will be prompted to install the update. Installation will take a few minutes, and your device will be disabled during the installation process. It will be ready to use when the process is complete.
Jelly Bean offers users stunning graphical capabilities with expanded feature functionality, including:
• Google NowTM gets you just the right information at just the right time, like how much traffic to expect before you leave for work or when the next train will arrive as you're standing on the platform. Google Now can be accessed by launching the GoogleTM app from the app tray.
• Smooth transitions enable effortless movement between home screens and apps, like turning pages of a book.
• Expandable, actionable notifications allow you to take action directly from the notifications panel.
• Widgets work like magic as you place widgets on the screen, everything else automatically moves to make room; when they're too big, widgets resize on their own.
What feature updates caught your eye? How will you use Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Tab
Great news for Verizon Galaxy S3 customers, the long-awaited Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S III is now rolling out. It's finally here build number I535VRUCML1, complete with the last Jelly Bean release and Galaxy Gear compatibility.
Here's the full Android 4.3 changelog:
- - GALAXY GEAR Support
- - TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- - Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- - New Samsung Keyboard
- - GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- - New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- - New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- - Daydream
- - KNOX included
- - Driving mode
- - Actionable notifications
- - Move-to-SD-card feature
- - New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- - New Additions in Notification Centre
- - Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface - Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- - Implementation of Voice controls (Let's you control various parts of the phone using voice commands - Galaxy S4 feature)
- - New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- - Full screen Samsung apps
- - New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
Source: Verizon Galaxy S3 Android 4.3
The popular Bump Android app has taking to the next level and allowing phones and computers to swap photos and more files back and forth between devices without even having to think about cables.
Use Bump to share contact information, photos, videos, and files by simply bumping two phones together. Just open Bump, hold your phones, and gently bump your hands together -- Bump will magically do all the rest.
• SYNC WITH YOUR COMPUTER: Visit https://bu.mp on your computer and bump your space bar to transfer photos, videos, and files
• SHARE CONTACTS: Share your contact info; connect on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
• SHARE PHOTOS: Share photos and videos with friends and family
• SHARE FILES: Share files or documents stored on your device
• SYNC DEVICES: Move contacts, photos, and files between your devices
• SHARE APPS: Share app recommendations
What's in this version:
New in 3.4.9:
+ Now Bump works with computers too! Photos, videos, files, everything. Just go to https://bu.mp on your computer web browser and bump your spacebar key with your device. Seriously, it's magic!
CloudOn, the popular free mobile productivity app that gives its users access to Microsoft Office on their smartphones and tablets, was only available on iOS and for Android tablets like the Nexus 7 until now. Starting today, it's available to most Android smartphone users.
- Use Microsoft Word®, Excel® and PowerPoint® on your Android Tablet and Phone to create, review and edit documents.
- Rename, delete and manage documents with your Dropbox, Box, Google Drive and SkyDrive accounts.
- View virtually any type of file, including: PDF, JPG, PNG, GIF, etc.
- Share files as links or attachments via email directly from the workspace.
- Display, edit or create charts, change formatting, spell check, insert comments, etc into any Word, Excel or PowerPoint files.
- Use the FileSpace to see a log of all the activity on file including edits, notifications and notes.
What's in this version:
- Phone support for specific models. For a list of supported devices visit, support.cloudon.com
Link: Google Play Store
Facebook rolled out an update to Facebook Home yesterday, including support for customers of Instagram and Pinterest, in addition to a fancy new house icon. Other services, for example Flickr and Tumblr, also received support for that 3rd party launcher application.
Home is currently available on certain devices, including the Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Nexus 4, HTC First, HTC One X, HTC One X+ and HTC One.
- Use the Home app just as your lock screen or as your lock screen and app launcher
- Updated app launcher
- See photos and posts from Flickr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr on your lock screen