Google's Motorola today announced the upcoming launch of Moto X - the company's brand new flagship Android smartphone.
Moto X offers you that choice. It's designed by you, responds to you and is made for you by Motorola, a Google company. Once you turn it on, it's all yours. And every Moto X sold in the USA is assembled right here in the USA.
With the best of Google services baked in, Moto X helps you get everyday tasks done quickly and with less fuss. But it's also designed to sip battery, not chug it, so it will go all day and into the night.
Moto X Features
- a 4.7 inch HD (1280 x 720) display
- Motorola's own X8 Mobile Computing System (also featured by Verizon's new Droids) - this includes a dual-core 1.7GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro applications processor, and a quad-core Adreno 320 GPU
- Android 4.2.2 - curious, since Android 4.3 is already out
- Touchless Control - enabling users to "do just about anything" via voice command
- LTE, HSPA
- 2GB of RAM
- 10MP ClearPixel rear camera with improved low-light performance and fast capture time
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 2,200 mAh battery
We already reported before that the Moto 360 Smartwatch was already sold-out on the Play Store in just a few hours after launch, but that was the leather band variant. If you wanted a Metal wrist band you were out of luck even if you got to the store in time Motorola released the phone with a choice of two leather bands saying it will make it available with a metal band later on.
Now however, Verizon has put the metal strap version on pre-order for $300 with a choice of Black and Silver colors. Sadly, the Black Metal version is already sold-out to, but you still have the Silver metal variant available.
The regular price is $250 so you pay a $50 premium for the metal band. That's still better than getting a metal band after the fact though, then it will be $80 extra (that puts the price of the leather band at $30).
Incase you are not familiar with the Moto 360, here are some of the cool features that will spark your interest:
- Quality craftsmanship - Finely crafted with stainless-steel, genuine leather from Horween and scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla glass.
- Responds to your voice - Just speak to get the info you need using the dual microphones.
- Doubles as an activity tracker - Track your steps and heart rate with a built-in pedometer and heart rate monitor.
- Works with your Android phone - Pair with most smartphones running Android 4.3 or higher.
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology - Pairs with your smartphone through the latest Bluetooth technology.
- Sensors - Include a pedometer, an ambient light sensor and an optical heart rate monitor (PPG) for versatile use.
- Mobile notifications - Let you view alerts from your device simply by looking at your wrist. A vibration option provides discreet alerts.
- Built-in microphone - Allows clear hands-free communication.
- 1.56" LCD touch screen - With Corning Gorilla Glass 3 construction, 320 x 290 resolution and 205 ppi makes navigation simple and clearly presents visuals.
- Water resistant - Moto 360 withstands both water and dust, so you don't have to worry about a splash at the pool or a little sand at the beach*. IP67 Certified.
- Stainless-steel case - With a plastic case back and a leather watch band creates a stylish, yet durable, design.
- All-day battery - Go all day and recharge on a dock at night.
- 4GB internal storage and 512MB RAM - Help ensure fast, efficient performance.
Editor in Chief