Google's Motorola today announced the upcoming launch of Moto X - the company's brand new flagship Android smartphone.
Moto X offers you that choice. It's designed by you, responds to you and is made for you by Motorola, a Google company. Once you turn it on, it's all yours. And every Moto X sold in the USA is assembled right here in the USA.
With the best of Google services baked in, Moto X helps you get everyday tasks done quickly and with less fuss. But it's also designed to sip battery, not chug it, so it will go all day and into the night.
Moto X Features
- a 4.7 inch HD (1280 x 720) display
- Motorola's own X8 Mobile Computing System (also featured by Verizon's new Droids) - this includes a dual-core 1.7GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro applications processor, and a quad-core Adreno 320 GPU
- Android 4.2.2 - curious, since Android 4.3 is already out
- Touchless Control - enabling users to "do just about anything" via voice command
- LTE, HSPA
- 2GB of RAM
- 10MP ClearPixel rear camera with improved low-light performance and fast capture time
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 2,200 mAh battery
Samsung's Windows Phone 8-powered device has finally made it to Canada, via TELUS, Bell and Rogers. As reported by MobileSyrup, that the "quantities are limited," if you really want to get this phone, you better act fast. Currently online sales are available.
The Samsung ATIV S gives you powerful performance, elegant design and an amazing HD screen, all on the new Windows Phone 8 operating system.
Enjoy blazing-fast speeds on Canada's largest LTE network1, view your pictures and videos in full HD on its 4.8" HD Super AMOLED screen, and store and share documents in the cloud with SkyDrive. Plus, access everything important in your life with just one quick glance thanks to customizable Live Tiles in Windows Phone 8.
Via: Rogers | TelusMobility | Bell
Samsung has just started to push Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update to the Galaxy S II Canada according to Facebook Samsung Canada:
GALAXY S II owners on Bell Canada's network will get a taste of Jelly Bean over the next few days. Please stay tuned for more upgrade announcements for other carriers & other devices over the coming weeks.
Some of the Enhancements in the new Jelly Bean Update:
- - Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- - Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- - TouchWiz Nature UX
- - Samsung's S Cloud services
- - Improved Camera features
- - New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
- - New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- - New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
- - 2 Home screen modes
- - New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
- - Google Now
The non-takju/yakju Samsung Galaxy Nexus devices are quite late when it comes to receiving the latest Android roll outs and until last week, they were still stuck with Ice Cream Sandwich, months after the second Jelly Bean version has been released. However, the good news is that folks in Canada can now experience the perks of the Android 4.2.1 as some have already reported that they have received the updates on various carriers.
Android 4.2.1 is the first Jelly Bean ‘edition'. The latest one came out only in February and although it is the better version, Galaxy Nexus owners can still enjoy improved features and additional applications with the 4.2.1, than if they were still using the ICS. Also, at least they can be thankful that the next roll-out is just around the corner and that is not such a bad thing.
According to a listing on Best Buy Canada, the 8-inch Galaxy Note is due to arrive on April 19th and that it will cost $430, a bit more expensive than it is in the United States. Also, if you want to be one of the first people to own the device, make sure to order as early as now, unless you were already wait-listed because there are purportedly a limited number of units and not everyone will be accommodated on the said date.
Although this is good news for those who have been waiting for the Note 8.0, this is yet a tentative date and the official announcement of the release of the device from Samsung has not yet been made. However, since the Note 8.0 has already been launched in the States, the date is most likely accurate and that it will already be available in Canada in a few days.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 is coming to Canada today. According to Samsung's official press release, the Galaxy Note 8.0 will start selling today through authorized retailers which include Future Shop, Staples and Best Buy. Unfortunately they are a bit coy on the pricing.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Features:
- Android Jelly Bean 4.1
- 8.0″ WXGA TFT screen with 1280 x 800 Resolution
- 1.6 GHz Quad Core Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- S Pen
- S-GPS with GLONASS
- 5-Megapixel Main Camera and 1.3-Megapixel Front-Facing Camera
- 16 GB Internal Storage + Expandable MicroSD Card Slot (up to 64 GB)
- Bluetooth® 4.0
- 4,600 mAh Battery
- 11Pin Connector, 3.5 mm Ear jack
- AllShare Cast
- Readers/Game/Video/Learning Hubs
The Samsung GALAXY Note 8.0 is available beginning today through authorized national retailers, including Best Buy, Future Shop, and Staples. For specific pricing and details, please visit your nearest retailer. In addition, you can find more product information at
Hey Canadian, time has finally come when you are able put your down payment for a shiny new smartwatch from Samsung. That's right, the Galaxy Gear has become up for pre-order in Canada, from retailers Best Buy and Future Shop. It will set you back $299, and it is expected to get to stores on October 4th. Initial stock will be limited, so better hurry and call dibs in your Galaxy Gear by hitting up that source link to place a pre-order.
As a reminder, the Galaxy Gear has a 1.63? Super AMOLED screen of 320 x 320 resolution, a 1.9-megapixel camera around the strap, 4GB of storage, a 315mAh battery that (unfortunately) lasts a day on average use, and six different color options. At launch, it will only be compatible with the Galaxy Note 3 (along with the Galaxy S4 and Note 2 once they're updated to Android 4.3), and can connect to it via Bluetooth (or NFC) and permit you to sync messages, take calls, perform voice actions for example setting alarms, monitor exercise, and more.
The Android 4.3 update is now rolling out to the Galaxy Note II in Canada, on multiple carriers, such as Mobilicity (SGH-T889V) and Videotron (SGH-T999V). The OTA update should be showing up on devices in the next few hours, though users can also update via Kies.
As we're sure you're aware by this point, the big 700MB+ update brings all sorts of improvements to the two phones, including support for the Galaxy Gear smartwatch, Samsung's KNOX enterprise software and a visual refresh of some menus and icons throughout the system.
The Android 4.3 update brings the following changes and features:
- - GALAXY GEAR Support
- - TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- - Samsung KNOX
- - Samsung Wallet (Pre-loaded)
- - Better RAM management
- - Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- - New Samsung Keyboard
- - GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- - New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- - New screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- - Daydream
- - Driving mode
- - Actionable notifications
- - Move-to-SD-card feature
- - New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- - New Additions in Notification Centre
- - Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface - Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- - Implementation of Voice controls (Let's you control various parts of the phone using voice commands - Galaxy S4 feature)
- - New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- - Full screen Samsung apps
- - New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
Canadian service provider Rogers, Bell, TELUS and Koodo are all now seeding the updates to the Galaxy S3 and Note 2. The Size of the Android KitKat Update for the Galaxy Note 2 is around 500MB, while the one for the Galaxy S3 is 346MB.
Features & Changes of Android 4.4.2 Update
- Android 4.4.2 OS
- White Status Bar Icons
- Camera Shortcut on Lock-Screen
- Wireless Printing
- Album Art on Lock-Screen during Music Playback
- NFC tap-to-pay support
- Options to set default messaging and launcher apps
- Transparent status bar
- Better stability
- Improved Ram usage
- Smoother Interface Overall
- Samsung KNOX 2.0
- Samsung Wallet
- Emoji for Keyboard
- Bug Fixes
To get the Update via OTA (over the air) you can go into Settings > More > About Device > Software Updates > Update.
© 2023 YouMobile Inc. All rights reserved