OnePlus is working on the next device in the OnePlus 8 series after OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro. As per reports, the OnePlus 8 Pro is already in the development stage, which means that the design may or may not be finalized yet. Recently, there were some new leaked images of the alleged OnePlus 8 Pro, reaffirming the design. The OnePlus 8 Pro will have a noticeable difference in the design as compared to its predecessor. The management at OnePlus has already said that they will be working on exciting camera features and the leaked images justify the claim.
The leaked diagram shows that the device will come with four camera lens on the rear side. This will be the first phone by the company to have four cameras on the backside. The OnePlus 7 Pro comes with three cameras on the rear side with the primary being a 48MP image sensor and a single image sensor on the front. The extra camera on the OnePlus 8 Pro is likely a ToF sensor.
Another leak suggests that the upcoming flagship device will be available in two variants. One version appears with a single punch-hole camera with the second device that will be launched with a punch-hole display. There is no clarity for now but it should likely be the OnePlus 8 with single punch-hole while the model with two punch-hole cameras. The fingerprint sensor could be an in-screen display as the diagram doesn't show any rear-mounted fingerprint reader. The display will be similar to its predecessor with curved design and 90Hz fresh rate. We will be seeing the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro around the first quarter of the next year. This is only the expected and rumored date which isn't confirmed by the official sources yet. Stay tuned for more information on the OnePlus 8 series.
Last week, Redmi launched Redmi Note 9 series in China that includes three phones - Redmi Note 9 4G, Redmi Note 9 5G, and Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G. And now we have some rumors claiming the variant of this smartphone is expected to be launched in India the mid of December. According to reports, the company will rebrand the Redmi Note 9 as Redmi 9 Power. So far, Redmi hasn't said anything related to the leak. If this tip is correct, we will see an official launch date in a few days.
Redmi 9 Power will be the next smartphone in the ever-popular Redmi 9 series. This phone series made its debut in March earlier this year. As per Mukul Sharma, this device will be launched on December 15, if Xiaomi doesn't change its plans. Apart from this phone, the company is also expected to launch its first QLED Mi TV in the country. We also don't have any official launch date for Tv as well. We may see both items in the same event which might be 100% virtual like many other smartphone and tech events held this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Coming back to the story, the upcoming Redmi 9 Power is codenamed as lime for India. It will bear the model number M2010J19SI. According to the leaks, the phone will be available in two memory configurations - 4GB RAM /64GB internal storage as well as 4GB RAM/128GB storage. The phone will be available in three colors - black, blue, and green. The phone will run on Android 10, MIU 12 on the top. The device will be powered by Qualcomm SM6115 Snapdragon 662 (11 nm). Redmi Power 9 will feature a triple camera system with 48MP as a primary camera, an 8MP ultrawide camera sensor, and a 2MP depth sensor. You can shoot 8MP selfies with the front camera and HD videos at 30fps. For connectivity, it uses Wi-Fi 802.11 and has a 6,000mAh non-removable battery with 18W fast charging and 2.5W reverse charging.
The Realme 8 series is going to be official at 7:30 PM local time in India today. The series includes two smartphones - Realme 8 and Realme 8 Pro. Earlier today, a new Realme smartphone was spotted on Thailand's national broadcasting telecommunication commission. The listing revealed that the smartphone will be launched as Realme 8 5G in the country. The phone has already received approval from the Bureau of Indian Standards and is expected to be launched in India as well.
None of the listings mention any information on its specification. Apart from the RMX3241 model, another Realme smartphone with model number RMX3242 has also appeared in the database of BIS. According to existing leaks and news, the phone is powered by the Helio P95 processor, while the 5G variant will feature a 5G-ready processor, it may borrow some of its specs from its 4G sibling.
Realme 8 4G is expected to feature a 6.4-inch AMOLED FHD+ display. It features a quad-camera system on the rea side with primary a 64-megapixel camera sensor. The device will extract power from a massive 5,000mAh battery that comes with 30W fast charging. The phone will run Android 11 OS out of the box. The phone is likely to have 4G RAM with 128GB internal storage, and 6GBRMA and 128GB internal storage configuration. The phone will be released in two colors - cyber silver and cyber black.
The Realme 8 Pro is expected to feature a 6.4-inch AMOLED display and powered by Snapdragon 720G. The phone will feature a quad-camera system with 108-megapixel being the primary camera sensor. The 5G variant will feature a 4,500mAh battery that comes with 65W fast charging.
Samsung is particularly known for packing its devices with the highest specifications possible, and the company has pioneered numerous innovations in recent years. The most notable of these is the curved screen technology that is now almost indelibly associated with Samsung, and it is expected that this will become even more significant when the Galaxy S7 is released.
Samsung is now rumoured to be in talks with Sony to include the IMX300 Xperia Z5 camera sensor within the Galaxy S7, which are DSLR quality sensors, similar to what the Nexus 5X and 6P both have, and that it would be a 12-megapixel shooter. It will also have support for RAW images, and feature a new video recorder mode. Likely to compete with the RAW features of video recording that LG added on the V10.
Aside from this, Samsung is also likely to upgrade the display technology included in the Galaxy S7. With Sony having released the world's first 4K smartphone in the shape of the Z5 Premium, Samsung is expected by many analysts to follow suit. It is also suggested according to recent rumors that the Galaxy S7 will follow the example of Apple and include a technology similar to Force Touch. This could utilize a system known as ClearForce, which is able to differentiate between a tap and a press to trigger different actions.
The expert believes that the next-gen handset will cost 10 percent lower than the Galaxy S6. This should easily give surety to bigger sales as the tech firm is basically offering up a more formidable device with a price much more manageable than what the competition puts up.
Qualcomm has Adreno and ARM has Mali, but Exynos is still lacking a GPU of its own. Granted that the Mali G-71 is the most powerful mobile GPU on the market and it's coupled exclusively with the Exynos 8895 CPU, it still isn't made by Samsung and according to a report, Samsung isn't going to settle for that, at least not in the near future.
The report from Weibo, brought forward by famous Chinese leakster Ice Universe states that Samsung is done with relying on other companies to fulfil its GPU needs and is currently working on a solution of its won. As of now, it's only being referred to as the S-GPU; a name that will probably not make it to the final cut! Even if the rumor is true and Samsung does end up successfully making its own smartphone/tablet GPU, it is highly unlikely that it will be making its debut anytime soon or before the Galaxy S9 is released next year. In all likelihood, the S-GPU will be released with the Exynos 9 series of chips. We will keep you updated as more news and info pops up.
Saikat Kar (tech-enthusiast)
The CES 2018 is already on its way and it is quite likely that Samsung will be launching a teaser at the show. However, before that happens, we have a treat for you, in case you are one of the millions of fans waiting for the Korean OEM to release their next flagship handset. According to the latest leak, the single camera on the Galaxy S9 will sport an aperture of f/1.5, while the dual camera module will likely feature at least one camera with an f/1.4 aperture.
Given that the f/1.7 aperture single lens cameras of the Galaxy S8 and S8+ produce beautiful images in lowlight, one can only imagine what Samsung would be able to do with such huge apertures! In case you are not aware, the lower the number is, the better the photos turn out to be in lowlight situations. Currently, there is no other smartphone in the market that can boast of such excellent apertures and if this does turn out to be true, the Galaxy S9 and S9+ cameras could be setting new benchmarks for the next gen smartphone cameras in 2018.
Saikat Kar (tech-enthusiast)
Oppo is planning to launch its upcoming Find X3 series on March 11. But before that company is planning to launch two mid-range smartphones in the Indian market; the OPPO F19 and F19 Pro+ 5G. Ahead of their launch next week, the internet is hit with leaks regarding these smartphones. The first leak is regarding their key specs, and it came from reputable leaker Ishan Agrwal. He also tweeted their official press renders. As per the report, the company is set to unveil the F19 series on March 8. Both phones are said to be pretty much identical in terms of many features but different in areas of processor and charging capability.
Both the OPPO F19 Pro and F19 Pro+ will feature a 6.3-inch super AMOLED punch-hole display on the front side with a rectangular module featuring a quad-camera array on the rear side. On the inside, the F19 Pro will feature a MediaTek Helio processor along with 8GB RAM and 128GB/256GB flash storage configurations. On the camera side, the F19 Pro has an a48MP primary camera sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera, and a 2MP depth, and macro lenses. There isn't much information on the Plus variant's camera or hardware specs.
Meanwhile, the OPPO F1 Pro+ 5G is reported to feature a more powerful MediaTek Dimensity 800U chipset, paired with 8GB of RAM and 128GB/256GB storage. OPPO will be the second company to feature a MediaTek processor, the first one was Realme. In terms of security, both phones will feature an in-display fingerprint sensor, a 3.5mm audio jack, a USB Type C connector port. The device will run Android 11 with ColorOS 11.1 on the top out of the box. Finally, the OPPO F1 Pro will be available in black, silver, and purple colors, while the F19 Pro+ 5G will be available in black and silver colors. The F19 Pro will feature a 4,310mAh battery with 30W VOOC flash charging. Leakers don't say anything on the Plus variant's battery specs, but it might come with 50W fast charging.