Xiaomi unveils Redmi K20 Pro and it has everything you need in a premium smartphone. It is the latest and the first smartphone that cost less than $400 and still powered by the Snapdragon 855. Xiaomi has focused exclusively on the budget category with Redmi series but with Redmi K20 Pro it is going to change the whole Redmi branding for good. It has a similar design to K20 but has high-end hardware specification that makes it even better.
It is the first most affordable smartphone with Snapdragon 855 chipset which will really improve the performance of the phone. The device has a huge 6.39-inch FHD display without any cutout at the front due to a retractable front camera. It features a 20MP sensor for the front camera. The camera pop up under a second, and you can also customize the activation sound. But the most spectacular feature of the device is its evocative gradient background which will make you fall in love with its look and feel.
It has a 48MP primary sensor for the rear camera, an 8MP telephoto lens with 2x optical zoom and a 13MP wide-angle shooter. The Redmi K20 Pro is powered by a 4000mAh battery with 27W wired charging, which takes around an hour to charge from zero to 100 percent. For connectivity, it has a Wi-Fi, a USB-C charging and Bluetooth 5.0. The Redmi K20 Pro will go on sale from tomorrow in China and will be available in red, blue, and carbon fiber color options. The Redmi K20 will go on sale from June 6 in China and will start from $290.
It took some time for Xiaomi to ship its latest Mi 10 5G smartphone in India because of the coronavirus situation in the country and all over the world but, finally, it was launched today. The main selling key of the phone is its extraordinary 108Mp camera, which the company takes lots of pride. The phone was already in the news for its camera specification but other highlights are its super-fast Snapdragon 865 processor, 5G support, and a 4780mAh battery which comes with wireless and wired fast charging feature.
The devices come with a 3D glass back design with corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection available in coral green and twilight grey colors. The Mi 10 features a 6.67-inch full HD+ AMOLED display with a 90Hz display refresh rate. The smartphone has a multi-layered cooling chamber to cool down the device while you are playing video games on it. To supplement the hardware specs, the phone comes with much better software and apps integration. Google apps such as the Dailer, messages, and contact app will replace Xiamoi's apps to speed up the whole Android experience for the end-users.
The phone features a 108MP camera sensor that is much larger than the 48MP and 64Mp sensors that have been trending recently. There is also a 13MP ultra-wide camera, a 2MP portrait camera with auto-focus, and a 2MP depth sensor as part of the camera system. The Mi 10 can capture up to 8K video at 30fps and 4K video at 60fps. The phone has 128GB and 256GB storage. The phone doesn't have a 3.5mm jack and has a USB Type-C audio interface instead. The company also launched the Mi 30W wireless charger that is available at Rs. 1999 for a limited period and will go back to the regular price at Rs. 2299 after the discount periods end. The price in India starts at Rs. 49,999 for the 8GB and 128Gb version while the other variant is priced at Rs. 54,999. The pre-orders have already started today.
While the HTC Desire EYE already received its Android Lollipop update outside of the US, the handset's version that AT&T is selling is still running Android KitKat. Fortunately, HTC and AT&T are now ready to update the phone.
According to HTC VP of Product Management Mo Versi, AT&T's HTC Desire EYE should be updated to Android Lollipop starting today, June 30. Mind you, the update brings Android 5.0 Lollipop with Sense 6.0 UI, but it's still going to include various changes and enhancements.
For now, it doesn't look like the update is live, but some AT&T Desire EYE owners should get it over the air before the end of the day.
Good News for M9 users, Mo Versi, HTC's VP of product management announced via his twitter account that AT&T HTC One M9 Android 5.1 Lollipop update will start rolling-out OTA (Over-the-air) today.
HTC One (M9) AT&T Owners! We have received technical approval on Lollipop OS 5.1 which includes camera improvements. OTA to start on 7/15!!— Mo Versi (@moversi) July 14, 2015
HTC's Android 5.1 update will pack data performance, call drop enhancements, various bug fixes and Battery life improvements.
Even more importantly, the camera of the HTC One M9 has received a number of optimizations with the update. The temperature management of the device has also been tweaked in order handle that Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 chipset better.
An OTA update is currently rolling out to the OnePlus 2 and OnePlus X. The OTA will be rolled out incrementally so please be patient if you don't get it right away. The update version is 2.1.2.
Improvements for OnePlus 2 includes:
- Improved UX for preview in Camera
- Performance improvements on app install and launch
- Individual icon customization support
- Fixes for RAW format on 3rd party camera apps
- Russian & Turkish language support
- Lockscreen wallpaper support
- Security patches
- Bug fixes to System Update to improve OTA stability
- General bug fixes and performance improvements
Improvements for OnePlus X includes:
- UX bug fixes in the Camera app
- Improvement to color offset in HDR mode
- Bug fixes to System Update to improve OTA stability
- System optimizations in low battery state
- General bug fixes and performance improvements
Please let us know your feedback.
Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta is on and Xbox One fans are loving it. The early beta access kicked off yesterday and will continue through January,18th. In the wake of the ongoing beta Microsoft has detailed all Halo 5 retail editions and launched the pre-order campaign. Halo 5: Guardians is going to come in three retail packages Standard, Limited Edition and Limited Collector's Edition.
The Standard Edition of Halo 5: Guardians ($60) will naturally pack the game within a standard Xbox One plastic box and all pre-orders will receive a special Halo 5 poster.
The Limited Edition ($100) will pack the game disc within a premium steel book with some cool additional content - both physical and digital.
The Collector's Edition ($250) will include everything the Limited package offers, plus a commemorative, numbered statue designed by 343 Industries.
The Internet has changed so many things we do these days, and we tend to take it for granted. Here are some things that the evolution of the Internet has changed in our lives:
1. The Web of Information - There is so much information at our fingertips these days, and we instantly have access to it. Gone are the days of having to go through numerous libraries looking for information, when all we need to do is to go on the Internet.
2. Add-Ons Making Our Lives Easier - When writing, searching the Internet, or even communicating with people, add-ons have been revolutionary. Creating a web of trust for us, and helping us avoid malicious sites, it seems we can't live without add-ons these days.
3. Online Gaming - All modern consoles and desktop computers are connected to the Internet and allow us to play with people from all over the world. We tend to take them for granted these days, but where would we be without the ability to compete against each other?
4. Twitch and YouTube - The ability to stream our gameplay and watch others playing is growing in popularity, especially with eSports. Imagine how hard it was to do that in the past? We did have old shows like Gamesmaster, but not live and not instantly at hand.
5. Netflix and Chill - Streaming our favourite movies and television show is something we all love to do. Binge-watching now means simply selecting what we want to watch, instead of continually having to change the VHS/DVD/Blu-ray after every few episodes.
6. Online Shopping - The ability to purchase anything we want and have it sent to our homes is something we take for granted now. Many would argue that this is one of the best evolutions of the Internet and what it has done for us.
7. Improved Customer Support - Gone are the days of having to pay telephone charges to get help, with customer support being available on the Internet. With live chats with people ready to help, it seems that getting help has never been easier.
8. The Power of the New Media - News has gone through a revolution with live streaming from phones and other devices. Gone are the days when we were reliant on television news show, as the Internet provides news instantaneously to us all.
9. Accountability - The Internet has helped us to hold people with authority to account. Gone are the days when governments try to hide facts, with the Internet bringing protesters together to work for the good of the people. There may be dangers of "fake news" but most of us see through that quickly.
10. The Smart Phone - The Internet is in the palm of our hands wherever we go. What better evolution of the Internet than this instant access from anywhere around the world?
The Internet continues to evolve and get better and better. We reap the rewards of the technical advances we see every day, and the list above are just a few ways our lives have been improved.
Exactly 8 years ago on January 10th, 2007... Apple's CEO Steve Jobs took the stage before the public at the Macworld Conference & Expo in Moscone West in San Francisco, California and unvield the first-generation iPhone.
After quickly walking through Apple's position on the market and updating the attendees about everything Cupertino-related, Jobs transfixingly said his signature "one more thing" mantra and teased the public that he'll be treating them to not one, but three new devices a "widescreen iPod with touch controls", a "revolutionary mobile phone", and a "breakthrough Internet communicator".
Of course, this was one device. The one and only Apple iPhone. It was not flawless, but it surely set in motion the wheels of the smartphone industry and led to its nowadays' state.
Technically, one slot machine is the same as another. You put your money in, spin, and wait to see if you've got any winning combinations. This is true whether you're in a brick and mortar casino or on a mobile one like SCR888.
That said, not all mobile slot games are created equal. Some look good but perform poorly. Others look awful but are fun to play. Wading through the thousands of games out there to find the right ones for you can take a long time.
That's why we've compiled this list of our top five picks. For a game to make our list, it had to be:
- Well-designed with great graphics
- Fun and fair
- A smooth operator
- Available on Android and iOS
Are you ready to spin to win? Then let's get started.
Egypt is a common theme with slot games, but none make it look quite so cool as Egyptian Rise. This game presents Egyptian symbols in a modern punk style for those who are tired of the vintage look. The music is fun, and the Return to Player (RTP) is a massive 97.75%.
With 243 winning combinations, if you don't win with this game, you're exceptionally unlucky. You earn an extra spin with each win, bonuses, and free spins.
Beat the Bobbies
This tongue-in-cheek game has fresh cartoon graphics. Win by matching the suave masked bandit or by getting three stern-looking bobbies. Matching loot, cute little grannies, and a range of other fun characters and graphics make it fun.
The game boasts a generous free spin bonus that puts you in the driver's seat. Choose your number of free spins and your level of reward. Opt for five spins and get the maximum award of 10 times the amount to maximize your profit.
Alternatively, eke out your gameplay by opting for 20 spins with all wins multiplied by two.
Finn and the Swirly Spin
Practice your best Irish accent and take a trip to the Emerald Isle. This magic-packed game comes replete with leprechauns, dragons, and magical symbols. Keep an eye out for the key to big wins. With an RTP of 96.62%, you'll feel as though you touched the Blarney Stone.
"I like big blocks, and I cannot lie." If Sir Mix-a-Lot had played this game, "Baby Got Back" might have been a very different song. The graphics are reminiscent of another popular game, Zuma's Revenge, but a lot more fun. Watch the symbols expand as you spin and maximize your winnings.
Pyramid: Quest for Immortality
You'll feel like a true immortal playing this game. The game uses the classic Egyptian graphics that we've come to love. What makes it unique, however, is that it features five reels and 720 lines. The Avalanche feature sends winning symbols cascading out so that you earn even more points.
It'll take a while to get a handle on the rules with so many ways to win, but you'll be so busy having fun you'll barely notice.
The much awaited Android Nougat 7.0 update will start hitting Nexus devices around the world today, so here's an overview of the brand new OS from Google.
What to expect?
As there are more than 250 new features in the OS, let us keep it brief by highlighting the most prominent ones. Android 7.0 Nougat is built with virtual reality in mind at every step. Developers will find that it supports the development of VR applications in the best ways possible. Also, this will in turn, allow for the best quality VR experience on a mobile device till date.
The JID/AOT compiler in Nougat will enable faster app installations, lower storage consumption and an overall smoother and better experience in terms of performance from the underlying software. There is also the much talked about Vulkan API, which will take 3D game graphics to the next level without cutting down on the performance of the application. Other exciting features include Multi-Window Support, Direct Reply, Direct Boot, seamless updates and file-based encryption to ensure data security.
Apart from the devices that had enrolled into the Android Beta Program back when it started, the Google Pixel C, Nexus 9, Nexus Player, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X and General Mobile 4G (Android One) will start receiving their respective update files via OTA from today.
Saikat Kar (tech-enthusiast)
Yes, The day we've been taking about for months is now here "Android Lollipop Day". Google has just officially announced through its official blog that Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA Updates will start Rolling-out today.
We can expect to see the new OTA updates rolling-out for Wi-Fi only Nexus devices (Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi). Other devices (Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2013 3G) will get the same update during this Month.
To check to see if your Nexus device has the Android 5.0 Lollipop update make sure your phone is charged, then go to "Settings --> About --> Phone Software updates --> Check Now". You only need to check once a day and you should probably get a notification anyway so don't go crazy.
Enjoy and Let's know when you get the update!