Samsung Galaxy S 3 has not been forgotten by the number one smartphone maker, even if the much-awaited Galaxy S 4 is already coming in the picture in less than a couple of days. On the contrary, the S 3 will receive a boost from the company with improved battery and even wireless charging capability.
Furthermore, the Samsung Galaxy S 3 display will also be improved. With the recent price slash and additional colors to choose from, the S 3 is not going to lose its steam and take the backseat after all. People are still going to want to own this cool Samsung device at a lower price that not even Apple can beat!
Also, there is no need to worry about it not being upgraded because it will remain one of the most popular Samsung smartphones ever, next to S 4, we believe, that is if the company does reach 100M unit sales for its new flagship device.
According to Eldar Murtazin, the Samsung Galaxy S III remains to be quite the popular smartphone in terms of Samsung sales because instead of being left out post-S 4 launch, it will actually receive upgrades and updates.
Samsung is said to be improving the S III, giving it a more powerful battery than the original and a better display screen. No additional information as to how they will make the screen "better," but judging from the way it sounds, it's all good. In addition, the new S III will also have wireless charging capability.
For now, it is safe to say that this will be the Galaxy S III Plus, based on Samsung's penchant for reissuing their old flagships with better specs. Another good news is that the S III will apparently have a better price, which will help reach to a bigger range of customers.
The Samsung Galaxy S III is still one of the best smartphones in the industry, even after its popular sibling, the S 4 was launched last month. For this reason, many are still developing ways to make this device better such as new colors, skins, and for the more resourceful, giving it a better battery life.
One guy from Reddit found an extension battery that boosts the S III's battery to 7000 mAh, which translates to longer battery life. The stock S III has a standard 2100 mAh battery and using this extension battery will more than triple its power.
People will really jump at this opportunity, even if it was a bit expensive and the good news is that it is actually quite affordable. Naturally, it will bulk your S III a bit, but the added weight is insignificant especially if at $33.99, you can already make your S III the envy of all smartphone users.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Charger Stand w/ 2600mAh Battery will provide you with peace of mind, knowing you will always have a spare battery charged. So whether you need to extend your day, need a replacement battery, or just need a backup plan, this battery and battery charger has you covered.
This Samsung accessory is made with portability in mind and doubles as a durable protective case so your charged battery will be there for you when you need it. The case is compact and can slip in to a small purse or bag.
If your phone is running low, simply swap out your dead battery for your new one. Go from 0% power to 100% power in seconds. The Spare Battery Charging System is great when your battery is low but you need to continue using your device and don't want to be attached to a wall outlet.
Charging your spare battering is a breeze, simply slip the battery in to the storage compartment and plug in your charging cable, the size of this charger makes it easy to charge at home or on the go.
- Samsung Galaxy S Spare Battery Charger (2600mAh Battery Included)
- If your phone is running low, simply swap out your dead battery for your new one. Go from 0% power to 100% power in seconds.
- Great when you battery is low but you need to continue using your device and don't want to be attached to a wall outlet
- Compact Charging and Carrying Case for Spare Battery
- Micro USB Travel Adapter (700mAh) Also Charges Micro USB Compatible Mobile Devices
According to SamMobile, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 going to have a 5.68-inch 1080p Full HD Super AMOLED touchscreen, a 1.8 GHz Samsung Exynos 5420 ‘octa-core' processor, 3 GB of RAM, a 13 MP rear camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), 16 / 32 / 64 GB of internal storage space, microSD card support, and a 3,200 mAh battery. It will apparently run Android 4.3 Jelly Bean from day one, but we already knew that.
As you can see, we're yet to have a clear picture of what the Galaxy Note 3 will have to offer, even though we see some of the same specs repeated over and over in new reports. The Galaxy Note 3 will be officially unveiled on September 4, during a special media event in Berlin, Germany.
Here are the specs: SM-N900
- 5.68-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display (1920 x 1080 resolution
- 1.8GHz octa-core Exynos 5420
- ARM Mali-T628 MP6
- RAM unconfirmed
- 13-megapixel camera with Optical Image Stabilization
- No LTE connectivity
- 16/32/64GB of storage
- microSD support of up to 64GB
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- 3200mAh battery
Google Wallet has been updated today with a few new features including enhancements for the overall user interface. As for the UI, the app's navigation top safe now along the top of the app, while navigation has been moved around slightly with loaded cards stored in the "My Wallet" tab aside from your default card.
Google also noted "improvements for the user interface, application stability, and battery life" within the update's release notes and highlighted support for many cards from Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
Head to the Play Store and check out the latest update if you have a compatible device.
What's in this version:
- Wallet, meet cloud.
- The new Google Wallet app supports any credit or debit card - Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. These cards are available for in-store purchases using a phone with the Google Wallet app, or for online purchases at participating merchants.
- If you lose your phone, you can disable your mobile wallet from the ‘Devices' section of wallet.google.com/manage
- This latest update includes improvements to the user interface, application stability, and battery life.
No matter what Android device you have, we all face the same problem, our battery dies. Smart battery saver by Bitdefender promises to helps save your precious batter life.
Download Bitdefender's Smart Battery Saver! It's a 100% FREE Android app that understands your smartphone's usage trends, and adapts your device's settings to maximize battery performance! It features predefined profiles and allows you to create your own custom ones, to squeeze every second of battery life of your device. Also, Bitdefender Smart Battery Saver allows you minimize your Android's battery drain without having to disable the functions you use the most!
Source: Google Play Link
Microsoft today pushed out an update to the Android version of its mobile Skype app. The change notes indicate the app has been rewritten in order to make "aggressive battery savings."
Microsoft says that the app can be left running in the background all day with no noticeable impact on battery life, but it had to disable push notifications for group chats in order to realize those efficiency gains. Users can elect to turn the group chat push notifications back on, though their impact on battery life is not clear.
- Find all your friends and family in an instant - With over 250 million people using Skype, you're bound to bump into someone you know.
- Talk with your fingers - No matter where you are, your friends are always at your fingertips with free instant messaging.
- Call your world from Skype - Talk to your heart's content with free voice and video calls to all your friends and family on Skype.
- Low cost calls to mobiles and landlines too - Keep in touch, even if they're not on Skype, with low cost calls and SMS to mobiles and landlines on the other side of town or the world.
- Share your favourite snaps - Got a favourite photo to share? Send it over Skype to friends and family and you won't have to worry about email size limits or expensive MMS charges.
- Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype's available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even TVs. Whatever device your friends or family use, Skype just works. Simple.
- Video messaging - Record life's everyday moments and share them with the people who matter most, with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
- Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
The next awesome smartphone war will arguably be between Motorola X and Google's Nexus 5. Google plans to leave out making a bigger display for the Nexus 5 and according to a leak, it will actually sport a 4.5-inch display but it will be stretched out a bit more to take up 88% of the smartphone's face. Furthermore, it will not compete against 1080p Full HD devices that are mostly coming out this season but will actually settle with 720p.
It will have a 9MP camera and a better battery life. Google's aphorism for this phone includes "compactness, having a great camera and huge battery life". It will also use Snapdragon 600 1.5GHz and will no doubt be more budget-friendly than other Google Nexus devices. Its direct competitor, the Motorola X recently released information about its impressive hardware, which somehow makes this bit of news a bit weird. It could mean that a different unit might go head-on with Motorola X or that Google will not compete with it because it has a bigger stake in Motorola X than we previously thought.