As the Internet grows in popularity and the number of users increases every year, your privacy and safety while browsing online becomes increasingly important. VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) are becoming one of the most popular tools to assist with this. At its most simple, a VPN is used to make it appear that you're browsing from anywhere in the world. This is done by replacing the IP address that shows when you're browsing online which, when not changed, can be easily used to locate where you're browsing from and what you're looking at. Using a VPN will allow you to:
1. Encrypt your IP address, making it impossible for people, including your Internet service provider, 3rd party agencies, and any network admins to read or trace.
2. Make your browser more secure from those that may try to hack you through public WiFi networks.
3. Access websites that may be blocked by the country you're browsing from.
This is quickly becoming one of the most popular uses for a VPN. If you live in a country with restricted Internet viewing, a VPN can make it seem that you're browsing from a different country and makes it possible for you to look at otherwise blocked content. This enables you to have free access to information without being restricted, empowering people with freedom of press.
What's a VPN?
To get into a little more detail, a VPN can be split into several core components:
A VPN client: This is the piece of software you can download and use to access a VPN service through your computer or device. This is also called a VPN app.
VPN protocol: This is the process of your computer or device that has your VPN client installed, connecting to a VPN server to access its benefits.
VPN server: This is what the VPN client connects to, so that you can change your IP and have a secure and unrestricted browsing experience.
VPN service: Finally, the VPN service is the company or provider of the VPN that you can access. This company will provide you with the software and instructions to access their VPN server. This might also be called a VPN provider, similar to your Internet service provider, for example.
How does a VPN work?
A VPN uses the steps above to encrypt your Internet browsing experience. A VPN essentially adds an extra step when you're browsing online that happens instantly and in the background, so that you'd never notice. Rather than using the IP of your local server, you instead connect to the VPN server, which could be located in any country. When you then browse the Internet, you can make it look like you're browsing from the USA based on your server address when you're actually located in the UK. This makes your location anonymous, which makes it impossible for websites to collect personal information about you or to identify where you are.
If you don't use a VPN, everything you do online can be traced back to your exact location, as well as the device you're using. This is an apparent invasion of privacy and can also be used for highly direct marketing and to create a profile on who you are and what you're looking at.
VPNs also unblock content around the world. A simple and popular use for this is to watch videos on streaming services that are blocked in different countries. If you're in the UK, you may find that the content on a streaming service is limited compared to those in the USA, even though you pay the same amount each month for access, for example. China is notorious for strict walls around what information people can view to restrict the type of content or press they can see. This can be viewed as a restriction in the freedom to consume information from different points of view, and a VPN breaks down these walls and allows you to view content from different countries and perspectives.
Why should I use a VPN?
There are several main reasons that people choose to use a VPN service:
1. To protect your location and browse online anonymously
2. Encrypt your IP to stop 3rd parties like your ISP or the government from being able to see what you're viewing online.
3. Remove restrictions on what websites you can view online put in place by the country you're browsing from, or that's exclusive to a specific country.
4. Make it possible to stream, download, or torrent media.
5. Save money by changing your location when buying flights.
6. Add a layer of protection from people that try to hack others through public WiFi networks.
7. Protect personal information, including your address, passwords, photos, and card details when browsing online.
Are VPNs safe to use?
Most VPN service providers are generally safe to use, but take some time to browse the options available and read their reviews to ensure you're using a well-known and tested VPN service. There are plenty of good cheap vpn services as long as you do some research. The main VPN services to avoid are the ones that are entirely free to use. These are generally not maintained well and can have issues that might cause a threat to your privacy. One study found that over 80% of free VPN apps you can download on Android devices were found to leak data.
Are VPNs legal?
Across the west and in the developed world, VPNs are completely legal to use, and some huge companies use them every day to protect their own data. If you have a personal VPN, though, use it with care if you travel to places like the Middle East, as some countries dislike the use of VPNs that enable you to bypass the restrictions they have put in place online.
Mobile phones have become ubiquitous today. Almost everyone in the developed and developing countries, whether they are a school-goer, a salaried professional, or even elderly, has one type of smartphone or the other. However, do you know there are many ways to enhance your mobile experience?
The following are top 5 things that you can do to make the most of your smartphone:
1. Setting up Smart Lock
It's good that most phones offer a slew of security features to protect your privacy. However, when you are at home i.e. in a safe space, then it can be annoying to unlock your device whenever it's in the standby mode. This problem can be easily solved with Google Smart Lock.
Google Smart Lock offers you a number of options that make phone unlocking easy and convenient:
You can set up Trusted Places of the smart lock so that when you are in select locations (home, office, etc.) then the phone remains unlocked for a certain period. It can track your location with the GPS sensor and unlock the device automatically when it detects the locations set by you.
On Body Detection
This feature keeps the phone unlocked as long as it's in your hands or pockets. However, as soon as you put the phone down, it gets locked instantly.
You can also link a Bluetooth device such as a Bluetooth speaker, smartwatch, etc. to your smartphone so that when it detects the device it understands that you are in a "safe zone" and unlocks the device as long as you are in the vicinity of the device.
There are many other ways to set up Smart Lock. To learn how to turn it on/off the in your Android device, go here.
2. Installing Performance Booster App
It's not uncommon for people to fill their mobiles with all kinds of games and apps. However, this constant addition of new applications over time can greatly affect your phone's performance. To solve this problem, you can use a utility app like Power Clean that can optimize your device.
Power Clean offers a number of features that help to make your phone run faster and create space for new apps and files in a matter of seconds. With its "one tap" feature, you can remove obsolete APK files, cache data, unwanted apps, junk photos and more. If can also be used for increasing the free available RAM or removing viruses.
3. Using VPN
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a connection method that sets up a virtual tunnel between your mobile and the services you access on the Internet. So, any information that's exchanged between you and the websites you visit are hidden from your ISP and potential hackers that may try to tap into the communication channel.
There are many benefits of using VPN:
- You can enjoy a high level of security and privacy whether you are using your phone with your home wifi or a public hotspot.
- You can unlock geo-restricted content such as Hulu, BBC Radio etc. as the service allows you to access these websites through remote servers.
- If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) has throttled your bandwidth, then a VPN service can increase your Internet speed too.
There are a variety of VPN services that you can use for your mobile such as TunnelBear, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, etc. However, you may want to learn how VPN works exactly so that you know how to pick the right VPN for your needs.
4. Enabling Developer Options
Although the developer options in smartphones are meant for software professionals, general users can also use them to enhance their experience. However, you need to enable these options first as they aren't accessible by default.
If you are using an android phone, then enabling developer options is quite simple. Just go to Settings > About phone or Settings > System > About phone, look for build number, and tap it several times (usually 7) until it notifies you that you have become a developer. Doing the same on an iPhone is slightly more complicated but you can still learn it here.
Some of the best developer options that are available in an Android phone are:
- Background process limit: This option lets you limit the number of apps that can run in the background at the same time. The default number is usually 4-5. However, you can set it to zero so that every time you close an app, it's terminated rather than moved to the background where it continues to run. This can greatly improve the performance of your device.
- Aggressive data handover: Activating this option makes your wi-fi more "aggressive" in handing over the data connection to mobile. So, whenever the wi-fi signal gets low, it hands over the connection to your mobile data instantly. This way, you can surf the Internet without any lags.
- Force 4X MSAA: If you want to take your mobile gaming experience to the next level, then you can enable the Force 4X MSAA option. It lets you enjoy better quality graphics in a variety of games and OpenGL ES 2.0 applications. However, bear in mind that it increases the battery consumption too.
5. Double up Your Device as a POS Terminal
If you are a business owner who has to accept credit/debit card payments from customers frequently, then you don't need to invest in a POS terminal for that. Square Register is a unique payment service that allows you to convert your standard smartphone into a POS device by using a special dongle called Square Reader. It's an innovative card-swipe dongle that plugs into your phone's audio jack. It's easy to use, and available for both iOS and Android devices.
So, these were some of the less-known tips and tricks that can help you enjoy your mobile even more. Which one are you going to try first?
Being one of the most complete and inclusive video converter available today, Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate has received a lot of attention lately, but is it really as good a video toolbox as it claims to be? We tried it out and found that it is one of those rare instances where everything they said about the video converter was actually true.
Video Format Conversion
The most basic functions expected of a video converter is of course, changing the format and Wondershare Video Converter delivers on that. Have you ever wondered how to convert MP4 to MP3? Well, Wondershare can do that for you in minutes or even seconds. The same applies for MP4 to WAV conversion, MXF to MP4 conversion, MOV to MP4 conversion and just about every other video format conversion you can think of because the Wondershare video toolbox supports more than 1,000 conversion formats. This includes all the 4K video formats, as well as some of the VR video formats as well.
Support for All Devices
After the conversion to the required format, the videos ran flawlessly run on all Apple devices (iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV), Android devices, Xbox One, Sony PSP and even some of the VR headsets. There's support for a much wider range of devices as well, but you will have to visit their official site for the detailed info on that.
What was most impressive about the Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is the speed it offers because it's blazing fast, especially when compared to other converters in the market. True to their promise of providing a 30x faster conversion rate, the speed really is impressive with huge videos being converted in a matter of minutes. Wondershare achieves this by combining its propriety APEXTRANS technology with the computer's own GPU and CPU prowess. It would help if you have a powerful PC with a decent graphics card and processor, but the conversion rate will be a lot faster than others on any computer. To top it all off, Wondershare allows the conversion of multiple videos at once and in different format. Batch conversions in different formats, coupled with the speed we just discussed, puts Wondershare miles ahead of the competition.
Burn to DVD and Blu-ray
Aside from the conversion, the video converter can also burn your videos directly onto a DVD or a Blu-ray disc in any format of your choice. Of course, you can also do the same from a traditional ISO image as well if you need to and the process is surprisingly faster than on any other DVD burner software we have used so far.
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate allows the user to download any video from over 10,000 video-hosting websites, which include the obvious names of YouTube and Dailymotion. But irrespective of whether the video was downloaded from a website, shot from your camera or sent to you by someone, the video converter lets you edit it as much as you need to with its inbuilt video editor.
There's just so much more included in this video toolbox like a screen recorder, a GIF maker, a metadata editor for the videos and even TV casting options. It's hard not to recommend this product to anyone looking for a comprehensive, one-stop solution to all his/her video conversion/making/editing needs, especially since it's possible to Try Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for free!
Introducing Wondershare FamiSafe:
With the advancement of the modern digital world, everyone started to use the Smartphone for accessing data, entertainment, and more. In fact, parents have been rising the new generation of kids with a broad mind on technology. Even Toddlers and teens have been using the Smartphone and Tablets for communicating. Almost all the schools have been integrated with technology such as computers and Tablets in the academic curriculum. With adequate use of internet facilities, there is also a bigger chance of cyberbullying. It is our duty to keep our children safe from cyberbullying. According to research, 1/5 of children have been experiencing cyberbullying. To ensure the safety of your children and data protection, choosing the FamiSafe is one of the best decisions. FamiSafe is the most reliable Android parental control app and iPhone parental control app. Wondershare FamiSafe lets the parents control screen time, detect any kind of inappropriate content, and tracking the real-time location.
Main Features To Control Kids' iOS Or Android Devices:
FamilSafe is the ultimate parental control app suitable for ensuring that your children use their Smartphones and tablets safely. With the parent's supervision, it is a much safer option for the kids to surfing the internet, apps, or even go to any location. FamiSafe Parental Control App is one of the best weapons for controlling the kids in a more efficient way. Below are the lists of features in this ultimate parental controls app.
- App Blocker - FamiSafe Parental Control App gives you a better option for blocking the app on smartphones of your kids. When you run the blocked app, you would be immediately notified.
- Blocking And Filtering Of Web Content - FamiSafe parental control allows you to safeguard and block the website manually easily. The app is helpful for keeping the large database of the website in harmful content.
- Detection On Youtube Content - YouTube is uploaded with more than 500 hours of fresh videos. There is more chance that kids could view inappropriate videos. With the use of parental control iPad, it is a more significant option for checking whether your kid checks, subscribed, or even searched for the inappropriate videos.
- Monitor Kid's Whereabouts - FamiSafe Parental Control App gives you a better aspect of marking the geofences as safer zones. When your children enter into the geofences, then you will get the notification. Geofences feature is one of the most ultimate options for the parents.
- Track risky messages
- View the Smartphone search history, as well as posts
- Send instant alerts when potential issues are detected
- Monitor more than 7 main social media platforms
- Add self-defined suspicious keywords.
- Location Tracking - FamiSafe Parental Control App allows you to easily track the kids with the location tracker feature on the app. This is the most amazing and suitable option for getting a real-time location.
- Smart Schedule - This android parental control allows the parents to control his/her entire device that also includes the schedules. Pre-set the blocking schedules on the device like past bedtimes, during school or any other aspects
- Suspicious Photos - The parental control android allows you to easily detect the porn images on your kids' phone galleries if there is any.
- Mange Up To 30 Devices - Keep an eye on the kids' online activities in about 30 devices, but this varies according to the package you choose.
How To Use The FamiSafe App?
FamiSafe is the Trustworthy and best parental control app for Android and iOS. When your kids are using Smartphone and tablets, then it is quite important to ensure their safety for cyberbullying. This ios parental control allows you to easily get the activity report, browser history report as well as app usage report. These app blocking feature and report allows the safety and security of the kids. Installing and registering the FamiSafe parental control is quite a simple option on Android and iOS.
- Register - Start to Register the FamiSafe account on the FamiSafe website. You can also register on the FamiSafe app on Google Play and App Store.
- Install - Install FamiSafe App on both the Kid's device and parent's device
- Connect - Connect to FamiSafe for managing the devices using FamiSafe dashboard
What Are The Price Plans Available?
FamiSafe app allows you to easily choose the right plan suitable for you for creating the FamiSafe account. The Nintendo Switch parental controls give you the better option for easily start parenting in a more secure way. You can simply download the "FamiSafe" parental control apps on the Google Play store and App Store. Below are the plans and packages you could opt for:
- Price - $9.99 /month
- Connect up to 5 devices per account
- ANNUAL Plan:
- Price - $4.99/month
- Billed annually at $59.99
- Connect up to 30 devices per account
- QUARTERLY Plan:
- Price - $6.66 /month
- Billed quarterly at $19.99
- Connect up to 10 devices per account
Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual are 3 types of subscription. Users can also choose from default auto-renewal on all subscriptions. You would be charged automatically with the same amount. You can also stop the automatic renewal option anytime.
The Internet is so vast, and it is quite impossible to live without assessing the information faster. Kids have been looking for a faster way of assessing the information for their academic purposes. However, it is the duty of the parents to control the internet activity of the children for avoiding cyberbullying on their children, data breach, and more. FamiSafe lets you simply enable prominent app blocking, geolocation, web monitoring, and more. Safeguard your kids with FamiSafe.
We have all been in that situation where we have lost important data on our computers on account of a hard disk failure, formatting or accidental deletion. At times like these, we often search for data recovery software that can bail us out of the fix and EaseUS promises to be that emergency solution and much more.
Solution for Multiple Types of Data Deletion
EaseUS offers recovery services for various types of data deletion which includes the following.
• Virus and Malware induced data corruption
• Formatting of the OS
• Hard disk crash
• Hard disk failure
• Accidental deletion
All Devices are Supported
Not only is EaseUS effective against all kind of data loss, it basically works on almost every type of storage hardware as well. They can recover lost data from PCs, Macs, memory cards, flash storages, hard disks, USB pen drives and even digital cameras. This basically means that if you have lost digital data, EaseUS probably has a way to recover it.
You Can Back it All Up with EaseUS
EaseUS Todo backup for Macs keeps your data secure by making sure everything is always backed up, so even when you lose your data due to any unforeseen event, it's always safely stored on the cloud. This essentially negates the need to even look for data recovery software in the first place. Couple this with the expert recovery system against any and all types of data loss in the off chance that you forgot to store something on the cloud before the mishap, and EaseUS does indeed offer a truly complete solution against data loss.
Is It a Solution Worth Investing In?
There is no initial investment involved because the basic data recovery software is free to download and try out. On top of that, they also offer a 30-day money back guarantee, should you choose to upgrade to the complete set of useful features which the software has to offer. Then there's the 24-hour customer service via live chat which will take care of any problem that you might be facing while using EaseUS. We advise that you try out the free version first and if you like it, the premium version can actually be used at quite an affordable fee, as it turns out.
EA has published it's latest Football game for soccer's fans, the company has just published the Android version of "FIFA 15 Ultimate Team". This full 3D game has superior graphics and is packed with tons of real football leagues, teams, and players. So make sure you have at least 1.35GB of free space on your device.
The latest version of the evergreen football franchise has the usual improved graphics and updated rosters, and the Quick Simulation mode lets you drop into any match-up without dedicating yourself to a full season (the titular "Ultimate Team" mode), but it still relies on strategic substitutions when your under-powered players are lacking in a little IAP stamina.
FIFA 15 features "classic" controls with a new through pass maneuver or more casual controls that might make for a less cluttered touchscreen. This is also the first Android release to support hardware controls SHIELD or SHIELD Tablet owners, it might be worth a try just for that. The game also has weekly match-ups that correspond to any real FIFA games that are occurring.
The Game is available for Canada users only for now, and it will be Available worldwide very soon. The Game is FREE and you can download if from the Play Store link below.