It looks like HTC One max will also be on AT&T, according to GSMArena, who got a press photo of the phone courtesy of @evleaks. Initially, Sprint and Verizon Wireless were the only US carriers to carry the HTC One max in the United States. Therefore, the appearance of the phablet in AT&T livery surely caught us by surprise.
HTC One Max will get the latest Android release, coupled with the most up-to-date edition of HTC's proprietary Sense UI.
HTC One Max Features:
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support; 3G with HSPA; LTE
- 5.9" 16M-color 1080p Super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen with 373ppi pixel density
- Android OS v4.3 Jelly Bean with Sense UI 5.5
- Quad-core 1.7 GHz Krait 300 CPU, 2 GB RAM, Adreno 320 GPU; Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset
- 4 MP autofocus "UltraPixel" camera with 1/3" sensor size, 2µm pixel size; LED flash
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps with HDR mode, continuous autofocus and stereo sound
- HTC Zoe
- 2.1 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA; Wireless TV-out (Miracast)
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- 16GB/32GB of built-in storage, expandable via a microSD slot
- MHL-enabled microUSB port
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Sleek aluminum body
- Front-mounted stereo speakers with BoomSound tech
- Class-leading audio output
Great news for LG Optimus 4X HD owners, the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the your Optimus 4X is being distributed over the LG Update Servers You can get the official KDZ update file from our LG Firmware Central or wait a little bit more to pop in your official LG Update tool.
We also received updates that European version is now live. Slowly reaching other regions. Congratulations to all 4X HD owners!
The Jelly Bean upgrades will be available OTA (Over-the-air) but you can also update your smartphone using the LG update tool. Sadly, there is no confirmation on when the update rollout will complete, but it shouldn't take long.
Wait, did Samsung just leaked on exactly when they will be releasing the Galaxy S4? Looks like the official "Samsung Lebanon" Facebook page just did.
Look at the screenshot above, Samsung Lebanon facebook page made a response to poster who asked
"hey, is there any news for the Samsung Galaxy S4 release ?"
Response was "Galaxy S IV will not be released before May 2013". We will have to take this without 100% accuracy as mostly the information provided on Samsung's Facebook pages isn't always 100% correct, but something to keep in mind when making smartphone purchasing decisions.
What we said is only trivial since all Galaxy S series are released between late April and Early May, yet there's no way for anyone to know the exact release date.
Source: Facebook Page
Samsung introduces new colors of the S 3 Mini in the UK, following a successful launch of its flagship device last March 14th. Carphone Warehouse reports that it has added a white S 3 Mini called La Fleur, with its flower decals on the side and they have also included Garnett Red on their selection.
Samsung has been known to introduce various colors for its devices to cater to the young and hip. This just goes to show that the company is really keen on updating its products, whether or not they are flagship, mid-range or low-end devices.
The S 3 Mini in these new colors will set you back monthly around £12.50 for six months and £25 thereafter. Phone costs £269.99 without a contract if you do not like getting tied to a particular carrier too long.
According to AT&T Forum, a small update has been pushed out to their version of the Galax S II, please make sure you check your phone for any updates.
Statement from AT&T's forum
As some of you have already noted, an update is available for the Samsung Galaxy SII.
The update includes fixes for devices that may become unresponsive and/or power down while sitting idle on rare occasions. It also enhances security to protect against malware vulnerability. You will receive a notification on your phone to update.
NOTE - You must have updated to Android version 4.0 to receive notification of the new software update
In case you are wondering what's in the update. The update includes software fixes an issue where devices would become unresponsive or power down while idle. It also includes the requisite "security enhancements."
This is rolling out over the air, so hit your Settings app to find it or just wait for the notification to show up.
this article is not available
Samsung officially unveiled their new Galaxy S4 model with a camera attached, properly called the Galaxy S4 Zoom last mont. Today a few online retailers including Clove of UK are planning releasing the Galaxy S4 Zoom on July 8th.
As far as specs go, the Galaxy S 4 Zoom comes with a 4.3-inch qHD display, 1.5 GHz dual-core and 1.5 GB of RAM. Running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and Samsung's TouchWiz this mini phone includes a 16 megapixel lens with 10x optical Zoom for all those photography moments. Then you can instantly upload those right to Facebook, Instagram etc.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom Camera Features
- Xenon Flash
- 16MP BSI CMOS Sensor
- 24-240mm 10x optical zoom
- Optical Image stabilisation
- F3.1-F6.3 Lens
- 4fps Burst Shot
- ISO 100-3200
- 1080p video recording
- Dedicated shutter key
- Zoom Ring for quick sharing of photos and access of the handset\'s interface 1.9MP front facing camera
- Expert Mode for you to change shooting parameters
- Smart Modes to help you choose the best settings for your photo
- HDR Mode
- Best face to adjust smiles and eyes
- Several other filters and modes to enhance your photos
Lookout mobile security today unveiled new features for securing mobiles from being theft or lost, there are two version of the feature one free and paid. These two feature versions are as follows:
1. This is a free version in which you get picture and current location of the person who tries to enter into your mobile illegally, the feature activates when someone tries to unlock your phone's password and isn't successful in doing that, the feature takes the picture of the verdict quietly and emails it to you with his current location.
2. In a paid version, you can add a customized message on the unlocked screen for the person trying to access your phone, it can be your home address too if you can find some good person found your phone, then he can get it back to you. The paid version costs $2.99 per month or $29.99 per year.
Great news for Evernote users, you should head over to the Play Store and check for updates for your Evernote application. The latest version of the popular note taking app just landed, and it's packing some pretty neat features for both non-premium and premium users.
What's in this version:
- New: Page Camera mode beautifully digitizes photos of physical documents and pages
- Evernote for Android now works with the Evernote Smart Notebook by Moleskine
- Search in attached office documents, spreadsheets and presentations Shortcuts
- New: Shortcuts let you jump to notes, notebooks and tags that you access frequently
For premium users, a feature has been added that allows you to search through attached documents, spreadsheets and presentations, much easier to find something that you've tagged on to a note.
Finding a Facebook friend for a benefits-only rendezvous is now more convenient than ever with the hump day release of the Bang With Friends mobile apps for iPhone and Android.
Bang With Friends app help Facebook members discreetly facilitate hook-ups from their smartphones.
- 1. Sign in with Facebook: So you can see your friends (don't worry - it's discreet)!
- 2. Pick the friends you want to Bang: We will only show your friends that you're interested if they are too!
- 3. Message Each Other: Once we know you're both down, we'll send you both an email - when and where is up to you!
- 4. B-a-n-g: Yup, that's right. Slow, fast, rough, or soft you decide how it goes. Stay safe!
Link: Google Play Store
Google has recently released some info regarding the specifications of the much-awaited Google Glass. As published on its support webpage, this innovative hardware will have a "one size fits all" frame with adjustable nose pads. The nose pads come in two sizes for the wearer's comfort. Since the Glass is essentially like reading glasses, looking through the glass will be like looking at a 25-inch display that is situated around 8 feet away.
It will include a 5 megapixel camera that shoots pictures and videos in 720p resolution. Storage is directly synced with Google cloud and has a total of 16 GB of on board storage. It is Wi-Fi and Bluetooth-capable and can connect to any phone that has Bluetooth and the right requirements or profile for it to work (POSSIBLY even iPhone). Additional features such as GPS and messaging are present when connected to an Android phone with the use of the MyGlass app. The battery life of this gadget, according to the page, will be enough to last a day with normal usage.
The release of these specifications might be an indication that Google Glass is slowly inching its way to consumer availability. Google also announced that this new gadget will be shipping out to testers dubbed as "explorers" soon.