Samsung has announced that the Samsung Note 8.0, has today gone on sale at Samsung Experience Stores in the UK. The Wifi-only Galaxy Note 8 goes on sale today, priced at £339.99, we expect the cellular data version to follow shortly. The Note 8 features a 1.6GHz quad-core Exynos CPU running the show, 2GB of RAM and 16 or 32GB of internal storage, expandable via microSD.There's also a 5MP rear shooter and 1.3MP front-facing camera. It also comes with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean out from the box.
Free content and services bundle worth £60 available with every purchase from 15th April for a limited time.
5th April 2013, London, UK: Samsung Mobile UK has today announced that customers in the UK are now able to buy the Galaxy Note 8.0 from the Samsung Experience Store at Westfield Stratford City with other channels to follow. Ultra portable thanks to its 8" screen size, the Galaxy Note 8.0 comes pre-loaded with a suite of new content and services worth over £60, at no extra cost to the customer*.
The new mid-size tablet, together with a suite of intuitive features and an evolved S Pen, gives you the ease of using a traditional pen and paper with speed, efficiency and accuracy. Features include a suite of S Note templates and tools that allow you to create, edit, manage and share documents, as well as seamless multi-tasking thanks to Quick Command, continuous text input and Multi-Window View which means the portable 8" screen can be split and used to access a number of live applications at the same time.
A range of S-Pen apps, including Paper Artist and Photo Note, mean you can be creative wherever you are, whether on the commute to work, on holiday or sat on your living room sofa. The new Reading Mode makes it easier to read e-books, magazines and newspapers as you can optimise the settings to create the most comfortable reading experience, plus you can annotate, highlight, cut and paste text.
For a limited time from 15 April 2013*, the Galaxy Note 8.0 will also come pre-loaded with the following content and services;
- A £20 voucher to spend in the Samsung Learning Hub
- A Two Month Free trial subscription to The Times newspaper worth £32.00
- AVG Anti-Virus Pro
- Access to the Samsung Music Hub for free for 1 month
- Need for SpeedTM Hot Pursuit
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2
- 50GB DropBox free for 2 years
Samsung released an official statement explaining the global delay in the delivery of the Samsung Galaxy S 4. Some carriers are even offering free credit for those who will wait for the device even further in May. According to the Company, this happened because of "overwhelming global demand" for the said smartphone.
official statement released by Samsung:
Due to overwhelming global demand of Galaxy S4, the initial supply may be limited. We expect to fulfill inventory to meet demands in the coming weeks.
Pre-order for the Galaxy S 4 was also stellar where most if not all of the carriers sold out their stocks even before the phone is released and just recently, Samsung admitted to the limited production of the Exynos processor, which is possibly why the total number of supposed Galaxy S 4 fell short.
T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon have all released statements about the delay on the release of the phone. Pre-order customers are naturally not happy about this but if there's someone who's rejoicing at the S 4 delay, it's HTC One. It has recently shipped 300K units last month and this gives it ample time to capture more of the market before Samsung Galaxy S 4 takes it all away.
Samsung introduced Samsung Wallet in February this year, an app that was available through Samsung Apps on the Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note II but is now downloadable from the Google Play Store.
- - Optimized for HD and Full-HD Samsung devices
- - Store and manage tickets, coupons, mobile boarding passes and membership cards in one convenient place
- - Offers 5 default categories for easy management of Tickets. You can also add categories for more personalization.
- - Customizable time and location-based reminders to show the Tickets at the right time and place.
- - Synchronize all your Tickets to multiple devices using Samsung account
- - Receive and store Co-marketing offers
- - Create your own tickets manually by using ‘Create my ticket' feature
- - Discover grocery coupons and digitally save them to loyalty card of participating groceries
- - Mobile devices
- . Galaxy S3
- . Galaxy S4
- . Galaxy Note 1
- . Galaxy Note 2
[How to use]
- 1. Download Samsung Wallet App.
- 2. Sign-in with Samsung Account.
- 3. Discover Wallet-compliant Partners Apps and offers from different Loyalty Cards.
The app is free as always, but seems to be limited to U.S. customers at the moment, and also doesn\'t support any more devices than it did before.
Source: Samsung Wallet
Samsung is offering a $50 Play Store credit for those people who already has a Galaxy Note 3 or thinking about getting one soon. The promotion should help maintain the strong performance of the company's phablet flagship during the holiday season. This is only for the US. Not a worldwide promotion.
All the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 owners, who purchase their device on or before January 6, will be eligible to claim the offer. You have to register your phone number, IMEI and a few other details with Samsung, before you redeem your $50 credit. With the Play Store credit you can download apps, movies, music, games, books, magazines and TV shows without having to pay anything.
Good luck, and enjoy your $50 google play store credit.
Samsung Galaxy S5 will have a kids mode, Kids Mode will let parents choose what they want their kids to access on their phones, and among other things, include a dedicated apps store called Kids Store that caters to the little ones, with apps related to both learning and fun.
The apps are all developed for, you guessed it, children. So no, junior won't be able to access Grand Theft Auto anything, but they will have some kid-friendly cute games at their disposal.
What do you think about the kids mode?
Sony is just spot on with their Prague promotion and attracted a big crowd with their campaign. Hot models displayed the Xperia Z, wet and speaking over the phone. In the shower. This marketing campaign draws quite the attention away from smartphones that are making bigger waves this week, such as the Galaxy S 4 or even the HTC One. We wonder how much the campaign actually draws the attention away from the Xperia Z. Men and women were seen taking their pictures beside the models, who acted nonchalantly wet with the Sony smartphone.
This campaign highlights the water resistance of the Xperia Z. This smartphone features a quad core processor running at 1.5 GHz each, Adreno 320 (GPU), 16GB internal with card slot that can support up to 32 GB extra memory, 2 GB RAM and it comes in Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Its best feature arguably is its being water resistant for 1 meter and for as long as 30 minutes (the reason for the shower promo probably).
Just after initially unveiling Google Play Services, Google has made the APK installable directly from the Play Store.
Google Play services lets Android apps from the Google Play Store integrate with Google+ and Google Accounts. To work correctly, some apps may require Google Play services to be present and up to date.
Google Play services is usually updated automatically on Android devices. You can also install or update it manually from the Google Play Store.
The app's rollout is expected to complete within a week, but if you're for whatever reason itching to get the Google Play Services app on your device right away, or ever need to download/update it manually in the future, hit the widget below.
Google Play Store revenue is up 90% compared to first quarter last year, according to App Annie. This report also shows that 90% of the applications are also available in the Apple App Store, which somehow shows the increase in the number of Android device users as well.
Various graphs were presented that shows Google's stellar 2013 performance-and the year's not even halfway yet. Japan tops the countries that posted the most growth in application revenue, while South Korea and the US come in second and third places. However, when it comes to app downloads; the US still leads the pack with South Korea falling in second place.
Furthermore, according to the research, games account for 80% of Google Play applications revenue and others such as communication, productivity, tools and paid social apps make up the rest of the 20%. However, Apple still posts higher revenues than Google when it comes to applications but it does not mean that Google is far behind. In fact, it's quickly catching up and Android developers are the happiest!
Google on Wednesday announced that its Google Play app store has officially hit the 25 billion app download mark. A Play store is now home to 675,000 apps and games for Android devices.
To celebrate, Google is offering special app reduced prices for the next 10 days. The Web giant is going to be selling apps from top developers like Gameloft, Ea, Rovio, runtastic, Full Fat and more for just 25 cents. Android users may also be able to get promotions on collections like "25 movies you need to own," "25 banned books," "25 albums that changed the planet," and "25 best selling magazines."
Google isn't first app store to achieve that target. Apple's iOS App Store crossed 25 billion app downloads back in March. Apple awarded Chunli Fu of Qingdao, a city in eastern China, a $10,000 prize to be the 25 billionth app customer. Fu had downloaded a free of charge version of Disney's physics-based puzzle game Where's My Water?
At Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) in June, CEO Tim Cook said the company's App Store now boasts 650,000 available apps, which users have downloaded 30 billion apps.
RAIDEN LEGACY, a four-title compilation of the mega-popular RAIDEN arcade series, includes RAIDEN, RAIDEN FIGHTERS, RAIDEN FIGHTERS 2 & RAIDEN FIGHTERS JET. Originally developed by Seibu Kaihatsu, each of these classic scrolling shooters has not only been authentically recreated for mobile, but also enhanced with brand-new features!
Each RAIDEN LEGACY title includes three different modes: "Arcade Mode" (just like the original); "Mission Mode", which allows you to play any unlocked stage; and "Training Mode", which, true to its name, allows you to excel at your favorite stages and practice the most difficult ones!
15+ different ships, each with their own characteristics, stats, weapons, and specials! Also, some ships come complete with "charged shots" -- useful for when the screen is 90% covered with enemies!
Choose between two different touch modes: "Fast Touch" (Faster than the original game and improved for mobiles) or "Arcade Touch" (Just like the original -- retrogamers will love it!). What's more, you can customize your approach by putting the controls wherever you prefer on screen.
- -Play in full-screen, or keep the game's original screen ratio thanks to "Original Mode" (note that your fingers will be outside the game area).
- -AutoFire: ON/OFF
- -Two difficulty modes: Medium and Hard.
- -Nine languages available: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Korean and Portuguese
- -Video filtering (for rich, smooth graphics)
- -iCade compatible
- -iPhone 5 optimized
- -Game Center compatible: 15 unlockable achievements + online leaderboards.
- Put your skills to the test against your friends, family and the best players in the world!
Capcom the creator of popular arcade game Street Fighter has finally publicly released the game on Google Play for residents of Japan. This game has been available for folks who became of own among the LG HD phones that were released a year ago which was included with this game exclusively for those devices. It now looks like everyone else will final arrive at play the game without needing to use the cracked version from XDA.
Even though this game is currently available only to residents of Japan at this time, we have it confirmed the actual game is within English also and works rather nicely about the Samsung Samsung Galaxy S3.
The game costs $3.48. To find out if your device is compatible and to download the game, check out the Google Play link below
Chrome Beta for Android was updated today, fixed many issues and added a few new features. Build 25.0.1364.33 is being pushed to Google Play, and everyone should see it in a few hours.
The change log shows the following fixes:
- 164632 - Edit Bookmark is broken
- 167351 - Youtube video controls are lost after returning from fullscreen
- 167016 - Some Samsung Galaxy S2 freezes
- 168062 - Double tapping on non-zoomable sites scrolls the page to the top briefly before returning to original position
- 167379 - Sometimes tabswitcher is frozen
- 166998 - Tab content stretched out while returning to it through side swipe gesture
- 168632 - Crash - Stack Signature: TabAndroidImpl::FromWebContents
- 168388 - Sync signed in info text's font size is too small
- 168430 - Bookmark star icon doesn't turn grey/white immediately after bookmarking URL /deleting URL from bookmarks
- Performance is sluggish, noticeably on Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S
- Frequent freeze on devices with specific versions of Qualcomm GPU driver
- Text autosizing may break formatting on some sites
- Video continues playing after exiting fullscreen on android phones
- [HTC Droid DNA] Getting crash on tabswitcher mode
- 163439 - yahoo.com page links are not working
- 166233 - Cannot submit comments on facebook posts or pictures
- 165244 - Text handler jumps or disappears when moving
- 162486 - iframe scrolling broken
- 158633: Tap disambiguation overaggressive
- 169910 - Flickering while opening new tab
- A partial list of changes in this build is available in the SVN revision log. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug. More information about Chrome for Android is available on the Chrome site.
You can install Chrome Beta alongside your current version of Chrome for Android. Chrome Beta will request additional permissions when using Chrome Sync for the first time.
Based on the hit Flash game, Catch the Candy features 58 levels plus a whopping 40 achievements to unlock. Each set of levels have unique properties to vary the gameplay, from mechanical gears and cogs in the industrial levels, to treacherous water in the tropics levels and even some recreational action in the sports levels, even this creature needs a break from eating candy to play outside now and then!
- ★ 58 Levels set across a variety of different worlds
- ★ Unique physics-based gameplay
- ★ Colourful cartoon graphics
- ★ Hidden 'Easter Eggs' to uncover
- ★ Based on the hit Flash game
Alien Hive is all about evolving aliens, blending match-3 with sliding tile puzzles for a game that feels both familiar and fresh. Swipe tiles to make matches - combine eggs to hatch cute baby aliens, and then help them fully evolve into Supreme Aliens.
Match resource tiles for upgrades that let you take command of the board, with the goal of building the ultimate alien hive. Strategically avoid the Naughty Bots, who block your progress, by crafting power-ups to eliminate these baddies. As you advance, you will uncover the mystery of the hidden aliens... and tame the Red Planet!
Alien Hive Features:
- ✔ Evolving-aliens puzzle gameplay: hybrid of match-3 and sliding tile puzzles... it's a whole new type of puzzling fun
- ✔ Match tiles to harvest resources, grow new species of aliens and zap the villainous Naughty Bots
- ✔ Chill out: pastel graphics and mellow soundtrack, with no time limit to harsh the vibe
- ✔ Advance the alien society: collect and unleash dozens of Supreme Aliens
- ✔ 70 Achievements to suit all styles of play
- ✔ Auto save game progress
- ✔ High Score and Achievements sharing on Facebook
- ✔ Free to play universal app for Android
- ✔ Scoreloop support on Android
Samsung Push Service is an application that sends you "push notifications" about apps and offers on Samsung Apps (those that appear in your notifications bar with the Samsung Apps icon). You can uninstall it but everytime you run Samsung Apps it reinstalls it. You can deactivate the service in Samsung Apps: menu > settings > uncheck "send push notifications".
The Samsung Push service provides below services.
- - New message is displayed on the Pop-up window
- - Display a badge on the application icon for a new message
- - Display new message on the Notification bar
The Samsung Push service provides the notification service only for Samsung services(ex : ChatON, Samsung Apps) on Samsung devices.
If you delete the Samsung push service, you may not receive the new notification messages.
Google has officially announced the rollout of a redesigned Google Play for Android smartphones and tablets. The fresh new look of Google Play updates the store to better fit with other Android features and services, including Google Now and Google Search.
The update will be available to any phone or tablet running Android 2.2 or newer. As for arrival timeframe, some folks will probably get the new store design update today, or you can always go the link below to download the new APK.
This version - 4.0.25 - will be installed on top of your current Play Store installation. (For those who can't wait for the OTA update)
AirDroid is a free and fast app that helps you manage your Android from a desk web browser, all over the air. It's easily one of the best apps on the Google Play Store. The sheer flexibility and polish of the remote access tool has made this app just awesome.
※ One less cable.
Move things on and off your Android device without a USB cable. Even when the device is not nearby.
※ One less screen.
Send and receive SMS from your big-screen computer, without being distracted by the small-screen thing.
※ One less worry.
Locate and lock your Android when it's lost. Cannot get it back? Simply wipe all data remotely.
What's in this version:
1. Device-free (lab). Sign in on the web and AirDroid will launch automatically on the device, even when it's not nearby.
2. Same-network-free. No more same WiFi network restriction. Access AirDroid through different network with an AirDroid account.
3. Find Phone. Locate your device on a map. Lock it or wipe all data options.
4. Call notification and initiate new call on your Android device.
5. Remote camera.
6. Improved SMS, Photo and File experience.
7. Many other bug fixes and improvements.
Check out AirDroid app here
No more digging through webpages to know what's going on for you (and your competition). App Stats is a powerful mobile tool for developers providing instant access to user ratings, app updates, price changes, and rankings in the Play Store with polled updates every 5-15 minutes.
You don't even have to check in to keep up. App Stats will notify you of major app events including version updates, price changes, ratings spikes / drops, major rank changes, and achieving Play Store badges like Top Developer and Editor's Choice.
App Stats is a huge time saver:
- Push a new release? Stop hitting refresh: you'll get notified when it goes live.
- Did that release go sour and get negative ratings? Get notified in time to fix it.
- Competing app went on sale? Now you'll know right away.
How App Stats Works
The app is delightfully simple, and afterall, isn't that the idea? App Stats looks and feels just like the Google Play Store, allowing the user to horizontally scroll across the following tabs:
- My Apps
- Top Paid
- Top Free
- Top Grossing
- Top New Paid
- Top New Free