Couple days ago, Google introduced a new entry to the ChromeOS family: the 11.6", Exynos 5-powered Samsung Chromebook. The price of this dual-core ultraportable laptpo is compeitive at $250, and it's really very practical for users who don't normally venture outside the web browser.
Simply to avoid confusion, this doesn't run Android. It runs ChromeOS. This new Chromebook is the first non-Android device to produce its distance to Play Store,and features an 11.6" 1366x768 display, dual-core Exynos 5 processor, 2GB RAM, a 16GB SSD, HDMI out, 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB 3.0 port, an Sdcard reader, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and "up to" 6.5 hours price of battery.
Some basic description of this ChromeBook.
The new laptop from Google. Simple, lightweight, easy to use. For everyone.
Finally, a hassle-free computer. No annoying updates. Nothing complicated to learn. No expensive software to buy. Starts in seconds. Built for everyday use and perfect for sharing with others (if you really have to).
Your favorite Google products built-in: Search, Gmail, YouTube, and Hangouts. So you can work, play, and do whatever you want, right out of the box. Choose from thousands of free apps and let Chromebook keep it all fresh with automatic updates.
Stick it in your purse, backpack, or briefcase. It weighs under 2.5 pounds, is less than 0.8 inches thin, and has more than 6.5 hours of battery life. And wherever you are, all your things are safely stored online.
Easily switch between users in seconds. Share your Chromebook with friends, families, and even the occasional guest. Everyone can have their own files, apps, and settings, so you can keep your stuff to yourself.
If you own several Samsung devices that support AllShare Play and would want to be able to use your gadgets to their potential, sign up to this cool application that allows you to remotely access everything that you have saved on your Samsung devices.
This February, Samsung will promote AllShare Play-supported devices and will let users try this useful app and get the chance to win several Samsung products such as phablets, tablets, smart TVs and laptops. Users are required to register their AllShare Play device to join the giveaway promo and it is only open to all residents of the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Mexico, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, UK, and USA.
Aside from being able to enjoy content on several AllShare Play devices, users can even use content stored in cloud storage such as Dropbox, SkyDrive and SugarSync.
Samsung introduced Samsung Wallet in February this year, an app that was available through Samsung Apps on the Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note II but is now downloadable from the Google Play Store.
- - Optimized for HD and Full-HD Samsung devices
- - Store and manage tickets, coupons, mobile boarding passes and membership cards in one convenient place
- - Offers 5 default categories for easy management of Tickets. You can also add categories for more personalization.
- - Customizable time and location-based reminders to show the Tickets at the right time and place.
- - Synchronize all your Tickets to multiple devices using Samsung account
- - Receive and store Co-marketing offers
- - Create your own tickets manually by using ‘Create my ticket' feature
- - Discover grocery coupons and digitally save them to loyalty card of participating groceries
- - Mobile devices
- . Galaxy S3
- . Galaxy S4
- . Galaxy Note 1
- . Galaxy Note 2
[How to use]
- 1. Download Samsung Wallet App.
- 2. Sign-in with Samsung Account.
- 3. Discover Wallet-compliant Partners Apps and offers from different Loyalty Cards.
The app is free as always, but seems to be limited to U.S. customers at the moment, and also doesn\'t support any more devices than it did before.
Source: Samsung Wallet
Samsung is offering a $50 Play Store credit for those people who already has a Galaxy Note 3 or thinking about getting one soon. The promotion should help maintain the strong performance of the company's phablet flagship during the holiday season. This is only for the US. Not a worldwide promotion.
All the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 owners, who purchase their device on or before January 6, will be eligible to claim the offer. You have to register your phone number, IMEI and a few other details with Samsung, before you redeem your $50 credit. With the Play Store credit you can download apps, movies, music, games, books, magazines and TV shows without having to pay anything.
Good luck, and enjoy your $50 google play store credit.
Another record from Google, you may remember that in December of last year, Google announced they had surpassed 10 billion app downloads in the Play Store, and had a $0.10 sale to celebrate. Today, the company is announcing that the Play Store has hit a whopping 25 billion app downloads. It took over 3 years to hit 10 billion; it took just 9 months more to hit 25 billion.
Whether you're trying to find directions, checking email or sharing a picture with friends, apps have become an indispensable section of life. Of course, if you're using Android, it all starts with Google Play, the place to find 675,000 apps and games. That's a lot of choice. We've now crossed 25 billion downloads from Google Play, also to celebrate we're offering some terrific discounts for the subsequent five days.
Every single day you'll be able to pick from a collection of apps from a number of the world's top developers including Gameloft, Ea, Rovio, runtastic, Full Fat plus more. And all for just 25 cents. We'll be also offering some kind of special collections like 25 movies you must own, 25 banned books, 25 albums that changed the entire world and our 25 best selling magazines, all at special prices. Visit Google Play a bit later today to check them out.
Twenty-five billion is much more than twice the space, in miles, that the Voyager 1 spacecraft has travelled since its launch 35 years back. It's the amount of time, in seconds, that have passed since a lot of our earliest ancestors began to set foot in Europe. Now, thanks to everyone, it's a Google Play milestone. High quality to the next 25 billion.
Just after initially unveiling Google Play Services, Google has made the APK installable directly from the Play Store.
Google Play services lets Android apps from the Google Play Store integrate with Google+ and Google Accounts. To work correctly, some apps may require Google Play services to be present and up to date.
Google Play services is usually updated automatically on Android devices. You can also install or update it manually from the Google Play Store.
The app's rollout is expected to complete within a week, but if you're for whatever reason itching to get the Google Play Services app on your device right away, or ever need to download/update it manually in the future, hit the widget below.
Google has just released an update to its Google Search for Android app, and it's available to available to Android 4.1+ Jelly Bean devices.
Also updated is Google Now widgets, include the movie card offers latest ratings from Rotten Tomatoes, so you can pick the right movie. Purchase your tickets through Fandango, and Google Now will remind you when you need to leave for the theater, and pull up your tickets once you arrive.
In addition, the new cards include support from various new third parties such as Fandango, Rotten Tomatoes or Zillow. In short, here's what's new in Google Now:
What's in this version:
- For Android 4.1+ (Jelly Bean):
- - Google Now widget for home screen or lock screen
- - Movie passes from Fandango
- - Movies now includes ratings from Rotten Tomatoes
- - Real estate listings from Zillow when in the market for a home
- - Music button when a song is playing in voice mode (US only)
- - Support for US college sports
Rooted users can now enjoy the system admin application by Koushik Dutta (clockworkMod) the Superuser . This is a very useful application for rooted and for rooting the devices of those who want to manage their system security, UI, improve device performance, etc. It is free and open-sourced. Last week, it was introduced in beta stage and was quite impressive. You can now download it from Google Play Store to install.
Furthermore, spelling bugs were already fixed in the post-beta version. There are plenty of reasons why many would want to root their phones. So if you want to use your own device without any limitations and install super powerful applications that are compatible with it such as those that deter thieves, block ads and others, improve battery life, manage custom ROMs, basically do anything you like with your phone and set it above the rest; download the new su and root.
- * Multiuser support
- * OPEN SOURCE (https://github.com/koush/Superuser)
- * Pin protection
- * Manifest permission support
- * Per app configuration
- * FREE
- * Request timeout
- * Logging
- * Notifications
- * Proper Tablet UX
See video below
Link: Google Play Store
As if there could not be enough pre-paid and gift cards, Google finally joins the craze and offers their gift cards at Tesco, which are available in £10, 25, and 50 denominations. This move will truly reach a bigger customer base that are looking for a useful something to give someone.
Cards are not yet available on other locations but we are probably just counting days before they will be formally put on display. Tesco is the first in UK to display them and the Google Play card will really benefit from being displayed in the most ubiquitous grocery store in the country. Aside from being gift ideas, plenty of people who do not have debit or credit cards on hand will be able to download from Google Play using these cards.
While there is no information yet on the kind of newspapers that will be available on Google Play, it is likely that major newspapers will join in the trend as more and more users choose Android devices for use everywhere. It is only natural that newspapers will also want to tap this market to increase their profitability.
YouTube's Eileen Rivera posted the screenshot above on Google+, showing a lighter, more colorful design with more prominence given to the main store areas, and larger app icons below. "Games" also gets its own entry, whereas before it was found under "Apps."
These are the features as rumored:
- Access the same conversation list from anywhere
- A new, conversation-based UI
- Advanced group conversations
- Ability to send pictures
- Improved notifications across devices
Google Play 4.0 will likely be released at this year's Google I/O (Google Developer Conference)
Google Play Store revenue is up 90% compared to first quarter last year, according to App Annie. This report also shows that 90% of the applications are also available in the Apple App Store, which somehow shows the increase in the number of Android device users as well.
Various graphs were presented that shows Google's stellar 2013 performance-and the year's not even halfway yet. Japan tops the countries that posted the most growth in application revenue, while South Korea and the US come in second and third places. However, when it comes to app downloads; the US still leads the pack with South Korea falling in second place.
Furthermore, according to the research, games account for 80% of Google Play applications revenue and others such as communication, productivity, tools and paid social apps make up the rest of the 20%. However, Apple still posts higher revenues than Google when it comes to applications but it does not mean that Google is far behind. In fact, it's quickly catching up and Android developers are the happiest!
The Asus ZenWatch Android Wear smartwatch is now available on the Google Play Store. The watch will cost $199.99.
ASUS ZenWatch is an exquisitely crafted watch that seamlessly pairs with an Android smartphone. It provides relevant and useful information when it is needed most and serves as a wellness manager.
- Employing the attention to detail and level of craftsmanship found in luxury watches, ASUS ZenWatch brings the tradition of fine watchmaking to Android wearables. The durable stainless-steel case features an attractive layered design composed of a striking rose-gold-colored band inset between two steel layers.
- The case is curved for increased comfort and a stylish look. The watch face is covered with a layer of curved glass that increases usability, providing a smooth surface for easy and responsive swiping gestures.
Comfort and convenience
- Genuine stitched-leather watchband provides all-day comfort and features a unique clasp design that makes ZenWatch easy to put on and remove. ZenWatch has a universal design that comfortably accommodates a wide range of wrist shapes and sizes.
Customizable watch face
- ASUS ZenWatch comes with a selection of instantly-changeable software watch faces. The variety of available designs lets users easily customize their watch to fit any style, mood, or occasion, such as using a traditional, elegant watch face for work or a night out, or changing to a more playful design for use during leisure time.
Here's a breakdown of specs:
- Android Wear
- 1.63" AMOLED display - Resolution 320 x 320
- Water Resistant Rating IP55
- Weight 75g
- Battery 1.4Wh
- Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 400 processor with 1.2GHz CPU
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 512MB RAM
- Micro USB on Charging Cradle
- 9 Axis Sensor & Bio-sensor
Source: Google Play
Editor In Chief
Google on Wednesday announced that its Google Play app store has officially hit the 25 billion app download mark. A Play store is now home to 675,000 apps and games for Android devices.
To celebrate, Google is offering special app reduced prices for the next 10 days. The Web giant is going to be selling apps from top developers like Gameloft, Ea, Rovio, runtastic, Full Fat and more for just 25 cents. Android users may also be able to get promotions on collections like "25 movies you need to own," "25 banned books," "25 albums that changed the planet," and "25 best selling magazines."
Google isn't first app store to achieve that target. Apple's iOS App Store crossed 25 billion app downloads back in March. Apple awarded Chunli Fu of Qingdao, a city in eastern China, a $10,000 prize to be the 25 billionth app customer. Fu had downloaded a free of charge version of Disney's physics-based puzzle game Where's My Water?
At Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) in June, CEO Tim Cook said the company's App Store now boasts 650,000 available apps, which users have downloaded 30 billion apps.
ROUTE 66, a pioneer in mobile mapping and navigation solutions for handsets and tablets, today announced that its innovative ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation app has been downloaded over a million times on Google Play. The number of downloads of the app puts it in the top 1% of all Google Play downloads by volume. The download rate continues to increase week on week.
Personally, I am a fan of this map app, I think if you haven't seen it in action, you should give it a try and let us know how it works out for you? Feel free to post your reviews in the comments section.
FREE MAP VIEWER
+ Instant access to over 100 maps
+ Browse maps, search, calculate and simulate routes: it is all free!
+ The latest, up-to-date maps from top-rated map suppliers like TomTom, AutoNavi, Sensis
+ Free map updates
+ Works both with server based maps and maps stored on your phone
+ Download maps directly to your phone, no computer needed
+ Smart caching map data: never download a map segment twice.
+ High resolution 3D content in hundreds of cities around the world
+ Tap any point on the map and start route calculation straight away
+ Automatic switch between day and night colours, choose custom map colours
+ Access Wikipedia and local weather reports directly from the map
+ Powerful map 3D rendering with full hardware acceleration
+ Multi-touch map browsing: smooth and easy
+ Maps optimised for high resolution displays and tablets
+ Directly call a Point of interest or visit its website
+ Share your favourite locations with friends
PREMIUM NAVIGATION FEATURES
+ Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation with uncluttered visual guidance
+ 2D, 3D and Augmented Reality navigation
+ Drive or walk: always the best route
+ Chose between Fastest route and Shortest route
+ Add waypoints to your route at any time
+ Plan your trip ahead, your routes are automatically saved
+ Navigation shortcuts: easy access to key functions during your trip
+ Adjust the navigation display to your own preferences
+ Lane Guidance
+ Adjustable speed warnings
+ Real Time Traffic information with dynamic route recalculation (in-app purchase)
+ Speed camera warnings with automatic database updates (in-app purchase)
+ Compass enhanced pedestrian navigator: map always pointing in the right direction
+ Fully interactive maps, even during navigation
+ Voice guidance available in 59 different languages and dialects
+ Voice guidance continues when app is in background
+ Try all premium features like Navigation, Traffic information and Speed cameras for FREE before you buy a licence
RAIDEN LEGACY, a four-title compilation of the mega-popular RAIDEN arcade series, includes RAIDEN, RAIDEN FIGHTERS, RAIDEN FIGHTERS 2 & RAIDEN FIGHTERS JET. Originally developed by Seibu Kaihatsu, each of these classic scrolling shooters has not only been authentically recreated for mobile, but also enhanced with brand-new features!
Each RAIDEN LEGACY title includes three different modes: "Arcade Mode" (just like the original); "Mission Mode", which allows you to play any unlocked stage; and "Training Mode", which, true to its name, allows you to excel at your favorite stages and practice the most difficult ones!
15+ different ships, each with their own characteristics, stats, weapons, and specials! Also, some ships come complete with "charged shots" -- useful for when the screen is 90% covered with enemies!
Choose between two different touch modes: "Fast Touch" (Faster than the original game and improved for mobiles) or "Arcade Touch" (Just like the original -- retrogamers will love it!). What's more, you can customize your approach by putting the controls wherever you prefer on screen.
- -Play in full-screen, or keep the game's original screen ratio thanks to "Original Mode" (note that your fingers will be outside the game area).
- -AutoFire: ON/OFF
- -Two difficulty modes: Medium and Hard.
- -Nine languages available: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Korean and Portuguese
- -Video filtering (for rich, smooth graphics)
- -iCade compatible
- -iPhone 5 optimized
- -Game Center compatible: 15 unlockable achievements + online leaderboards.
- Put your skills to the test against your friends, family and the best players in the world!
Samsung has released an update to their ChatOn messaging client today (version 2.0.5 of). Most important feature of this update, is that you can sync all you connected devices to receive messages simultaneously. List of the updates detailed below. Please hit the Google Play Store link below to get the update.
What's in this version: (ChatON v2.0.5 update)
-Sign in Samsung account
All connected devices receive the same message simultaneously
-Move Special buddy to More menu
-Improvement of My page
Multiple profile images & Comment on PostON
-Change font style of chat room
-Send multiple images at once
ChatON Tablet v1.9.3 update includes:
-Improvement of My page
-Add image effects
-Add group profile editing
-Add members of chat room as a group
-Add typing status
Capcom the creator of popular arcade game Street Fighter has finally publicly released the game on Google Play for residents of Japan. This game has been available for folks who became of own among the LG HD phones that were released a year ago which was included with this game exclusively for those devices. It now looks like everyone else will final arrive at play the game without needing to use the cracked version from XDA.
Even though this game is currently available only to residents of Japan at this time, we have it confirmed the actual game is within English also and works rather nicely about the Samsung Samsung Galaxy S3.
The game costs $3.48. To find out if your device is compatible and to download the game, check out the Google Play link below
Chrome Beta for Android was updated today, fixed many issues and added a few new features. Build 25.0.1364.33 is being pushed to Google Play, and everyone should see it in a few hours.
The change log shows the following fixes:
- 164632 - Edit Bookmark is broken
- 167351 - Youtube video controls are lost after returning from fullscreen
- 167016 - Some Samsung Galaxy S2 freezes
- 168062 - Double tapping on non-zoomable sites scrolls the page to the top briefly before returning to original position
- 167379 - Sometimes tabswitcher is frozen
- 166998 - Tab content stretched out while returning to it through side swipe gesture
- 168632 - Crash - Stack Signature: TabAndroidImpl::FromWebContents
- 168388 - Sync signed in info text's font size is too small
- 168430 - Bookmark star icon doesn't turn grey/white immediately after bookmarking URL /deleting URL from bookmarks
- Performance is sluggish, noticeably on Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S
- Frequent freeze on devices with specific versions of Qualcomm GPU driver
- Text autosizing may break formatting on some sites
- Video continues playing after exiting fullscreen on android phones
- [HTC Droid DNA] Getting crash on tabswitcher mode
- 163439 - yahoo.com page links are not working
- 166233 - Cannot submit comments on facebook posts or pictures
- 165244 - Text handler jumps or disappears when moving
- 162486 - iframe scrolling broken
- 158633: Tap disambiguation overaggressive
- 169910 - Flickering while opening new tab
- A partial list of changes in this build is available in the SVN revision log. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug. More information about Chrome for Android is available on the Chrome site.
You can install Chrome Beta alongside your current version of Chrome for Android. Chrome Beta will request additional permissions when using Chrome Sync for the first time.
GMusic users could certainly list a host of issues with both the app and service at a moment's notice but Google is working to correct these problems gradually. As much as its music service is far from perfect, its pretty good. Using today's Play Music app update as an example.
- * on the spot mixes continue playing beyond 25 songs.
- * Enhanced capability to shuffle an album, artist or playlist.
- * New standard album art.
- * Previous button included in widget.
- * Pinning progress currently displayed on album and playlist pages.
- * Solution for the Galaxy S3 freezing problem.
Based on the hit Flash game, Catch the Candy features 58 levels plus a whopping 40 achievements to unlock. Each set of levels have unique properties to vary the gameplay, from mechanical gears and cogs in the industrial levels, to treacherous water in the tropics levels and even some recreational action in the sports levels, even this creature needs a break from eating candy to play outside now and then!
- ★ 58 Levels set across a variety of different worlds
- ★ Unique physics-based gameplay
- ★ Colourful cartoon graphics
- ★ Hidden 'Easter Eggs' to uncover
- ★ Based on the hit Flash game
Finally, SwiftKey is out of its beta stages and version 4 is now offered for sale at $1.99 on Google Play. This application extends the capabilities of some phones and tablets that do not have keyboards such as the Galaxy Note II and other HTC devices. Some smartphone users are not satisfied with their own keyboards and can also download the trial version of SwiftKey prior to buying it and most do because it is very simple to use and makes typing and keying in text messages easy.
It does well with the predictive text input and the new version also features "Flow" that makes it really easy to type in new text. All in all, there are fairly plenty of nice reviews for the SwiftKey and it fares well where most keyboards fail such as how easy they are to use with smartphones or mini tablets that have smaller than 5.5 inches display. SwiftKey is quite satisfactory on this aspect.
The action-adventure game Alien VS Predator: Evolution for the Android platform has finally made its way to Google Play.
The two foes collide even more epically than the Hollywood film. In the game you can play as either role of the Alien to destroy the Super Predators and free your species from enslavement, or as the Super Predators to defeat the Alien Queen to stop annihilation your clan.
You can grab AVP: Evolution from the Play Store for $4.99.
It's Google Play's first birthday and everyone is just excited to share its success with the end consumers. Discounts and freebies await downloaders, with special edition games and other applications to boot. Free music is also available and most apps were updated to reflect Google Play's successful first year. Other applications are also giving away gift cards to those who will download or upgrade today.
It's a happy day for the Android Market spinoff, which many did not expect to catch on very quickly. Unlike the Android Market, Google Play seems to connect better with clients and provides a more distinctive feel in downloading apps, music and others. Furthermore, it looks many times creative and fun than the previous Android Market. Happy First Birthday, Google Play!
Action Launcher re-imagines the concept of an Android launcher. Put simply, Action Launcher is designed to get you where you need to go, faster. It looks and feels like a natural launching pad for the Android ecosystem.
Action Launcher offers unique features such as "covers" for icons, that turns any app shortcut into much more than a shortcut, but into an folder. For example, you could have your Chrome icon open Chrome with a single tap or open as a folder with bookmarks to your favorite sites thanks to a double-tap.
The Launcher also allows you to import from existing launcher layout from other launchers such as Apex, Nova, TouchWiz and the stock Android launcher, so you'll instantly feel right at home.
Standout features include:
- * Sliding app drawer for instant access to all your apps
- * 'Covers', an innovative new way to quickly launch apps and shortcuts without compromising the look of your carefully crafted homescreen.
- * Quicksearch, a fast and powerful feature that allows you to search for apps, contacts and even music directly from the action bar.
- * Android's unique and powerful action bar is fully integrated into your desktop.
- * Highly organized customization options
- * All of the settings you expect from custom launcher: specify apps to hide, adjustable number of home screen pages, grid sizes, page margins, dock toggles, resize any widget, etc.
- * Strong Play Store integration'
Square Enix is a popular RPG game developer and in a surprising move from creating games for more traditional consoles, it has introduced one of its successful titles on Android and the demo is now available on Google Play for free. Mini Ninjas for Android is based on the characters of a popular Enix title but is quite different from the RPG game that is known to many.
This game focuses on a stolen relic that must be recovered by your chosen Ninja. Each character has specific skills and abilities and you can choose your favorite among the four. It looks to be a fun game with its cute graphics and UI. You can purchase a full copy on Google Play for only $2.50, so grab your Mini Ninjas now and check to see which character is the coolest.
Alien Hive is all about evolving aliens, blending match-3 with sliding tile puzzles for a game that feels both familiar and fresh. Swipe tiles to make matches - combine eggs to hatch cute baby aliens, and then help them fully evolve into Supreme Aliens.
Match resource tiles for upgrades that let you take command of the board, with the goal of building the ultimate alien hive. Strategically avoid the Naughty Bots, who block your progress, by crafting power-ups to eliminate these baddies. As you advance, you will uncover the mystery of the hidden aliens... and tame the Red Planet!
Alien Hive Features:
- ✔ Evolving-aliens puzzle gameplay: hybrid of match-3 and sliding tile puzzles... it's a whole new type of puzzling fun
- ✔ Match tiles to harvest resources, grow new species of aliens and zap the villainous Naughty Bots
- ✔ Chill out: pastel graphics and mellow soundtrack, with no time limit to harsh the vibe
- ✔ Advance the alien society: collect and unleash dozens of Supreme Aliens
- ✔ 70 Achievements to suit all styles of play
- ✔ Auto save game progress
- ✔ High Score and Achievements sharing on Facebook
- ✔ Free to play universal app for Android
- ✔ Scoreloop support on Android
Google's Holo design for the Play 4.0 truly has a distinct look, featuring clean lines and white spaces that will surely captivate many. It is much pleasing to the eye and a few minor changes have been made. It has been rolled out to a few lucky people whohave gotten their hands on its simplicity and ease of use.
Some noticeable changes on its appearance have also been noticed as well, such as the grainy or pixelated background and clearer choices with the use of white spaces.
Another noticeable difference when downloading apps from the Google Play 4.0 is that it does not take the user to a different page when downloading something, making it quicker and easier to use. The "keep shopping" button has also been scrapped, which will probably be appreciated by many as it could be quite bothersome.
The Google Play 4.0 is a lot cleaner and will surely make many people happy. It is not yet available among most Android users but trust that it will be a big improvement from the previous version.
Google has just updated its Play Movies & TV app to include what it calls "Info Card" search, giving you information about the movie you're watching when you pause.
If you're using the app on a tablet, you can now pause movies. You'll also find that Google's Knowledge Graph has been added to the app with power of facial recognition. Now, instead of pulling up cards with information from the a movie's metadata, Google is using facial recognition to pull up info on actors and Sound Search to pull up the music played in a movie.
What's in this version:
- On tablets, press pause to discover actors, related films, and even what song is playing. Look for movies with the info cards badge. US only.
- Search across your library and the Play Store for movies & TV shows.
- Receive notifications for new TV show episodes if you've purchased the season.
- Select the "refresh" option in the overflow menu to checks for any updates to the library.
- Now available in India!
Microsoft Lync 2013 for Android extends the power of Lync to your mobile device - including voice & video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
- - View colleagues' availability in real time and select the best way to communicate - initiating an instant message (IM), email, voice or video call.
- - Connect to Lync Meetings with a single touch, without requiring long numeric passcodes or conference numbers.
- - Forward or simultaneously ring calls to your Enterprise Voice (Lync ID) number so you'll never miss a call.
- - Lync 2013 for Android provides transport layer security (TLS) and perimeter/internal network protection without requiring a VPN, so your communications experience is safer no matter where you are or what network you use.
To download Lync 2013, simply go on to the Google Play link
Samsung Push Service is an application that sends you "push notifications" about apps and offers on Samsung Apps (those that appear in your notifications bar with the Samsung Apps icon). You can uninstall it but everytime you run Samsung Apps it reinstalls it. You can deactivate the service in Samsung Apps: menu > settings > uncheck "send push notifications".
The Samsung Push service provides below services.
- - New message is displayed on the Pop-up window
- - Display a badge on the application icon for a new message
- - Display new message on the Notification bar
The Samsung Push service provides the notification service only for Samsung services(ex : ChatON, Samsung Apps) on Samsung devices.
If you delete the Samsung push service, you may not receive the new notification messages.
Google has officially announced the rollout of a redesigned Google Play for Android smartphones and tablets. The fresh new look of Google Play updates the store to better fit with other Android features and services, including Google Now and Google Search.
The update will be available to any phone or tablet running Android 2.2 or newer. As for arrival timeframe, some folks will probably get the new store design update today, or you can always go the link below to download the new APK.
This version - 4.0.25 - will be installed on top of your current Play Store installation. (For those who can't wait for the OTA update)
The Google Play Music app lets you listen to your music collection anywhere. All your music is stored online, so no need to worry about syncing or storage space.
Google Play music has been updated to cover new countries including Australia - Austria -Belgium - France - Germany - Ireland - Italy - Luxembourg - New Zealand - Portugal - Spain - United States and United Kingdom.
Folks in these country and go and download the Music Manager and start uploading music files from your computer to the Google Play.
* Music purchases from Google Play automatically appear in the app.
* Add up to 20,000 more songs from your personal music collection on your computer for free.
* Access your entire music library instantly with the Google Play Music app, and save your favorites for offline playback.
* Share a free full play of the songs you purchase from Google Play with your friends on Google+.
Planets Defense is a 3d space strategy game where you create, develop and command your space fleet, research new technology and acquire new resources.
Invest into planet mining or debris scavenging and form habitable atmosphere, deploy on new planets and build defence structures - protecting mankind from ruthless invasion!
This is a 3d / OpenGL game, not sure if your device will run it OK? Try free DEMO version first!
- 25 challenging levels
- addictive and dynamic gameplay
- different space ships
- various defensive buildings and production facilities
- upgradeable weapons, shielding force-fields and more!
AirDroid is a free and fast app that helps you manage your Android from a desk web browser, all over the air. It's easily one of the best apps on the Google Play Store. The sheer flexibility and polish of the remote access tool has made this app just awesome.
※ One less cable.
Move things on and off your Android device without a USB cable. Even when the device is not nearby.
※ One less screen.
Send and receive SMS from your big-screen computer, without being distracted by the small-screen thing.
※ One less worry.
Locate and lock your Android when it's lost. Cannot get it back? Simply wipe all data remotely.
What's in this version:
1. Device-free (lab). Sign in on the web and AirDroid will launch automatically on the device, even when it's not nearby.
2. Same-network-free. No more same WiFi network restriction. Access AirDroid through different network with an AirDroid account.
3. Find Phone. Locate your device on a map. Lock it or wipe all data options.
4. Call notification and initiate new call on your Android device.
5. Remote camera.
6. Improved SMS, Photo and File experience.
7. Many other bug fixes and improvements.
Check out AirDroid app here
Fast & Furious 6: The Game hit Google Play very recently, allowing players to drive recklessly and run others off the road without going to jail.
Step into the world of Fast & Furious 6. Earn cash and the respect of the "Fastest" drivers as you drift and drag through the London street scene. Join the Fast & Furious crew as they prepare to take on a series of jobs in an all new heist mode. Fast & Furious 6: The Game takes the mobile racing genre to greater heights with stunning graphics, new game modes, addictive challenges and intense fullthrottle missions that dare you to exceed all limits.
What's in this version:
- Fixed issue on some devices downloading content
- Addressed issues resuming the game when minimized
- Fixed crash issue when sharing on FB on some devices
- Resolved graphical corruption on some devices
- Removed black screen on some devices when launching game
- Better handling of minimizing and exiting the app
Download: Google Play Store Link
Twitter has again update it's android app to version 4.1.0. The latest version of Twitter includes several changes, including photo enhancements, a new compose window and improved notifications.
What's in version 4.1.0:
The new Tweet composer makes it easier to share with quick access to your camera roll and clear previews of how your Tweets will appear. Also:
• Richer notifications now include details like avatars and indicate how people are interacting with you (reply, retweet, etc.) for devices running Android 4.0 and higher,
• Enjoy wider and taller timelines in all parts of the app including profiles, search, and Discover.
• Receive a notification when a friend has joined Twitter.
Source: Google Play Store Link
No more digging through webpages to know what's going on for you (and your competition). App Stats is a powerful mobile tool for developers providing instant access to user ratings, app updates, price changes, and rankings in the Play Store with polled updates every 5-15 minutes.
You don't even have to check in to keep up. App Stats will notify you of major app events including version updates, price changes, ratings spikes / drops, major rank changes, and achieving Play Store badges like Top Developer and Editor's Choice.
App Stats is a huge time saver:
- Push a new release? Stop hitting refresh: you'll get notified when it goes live.
- Did that release go sour and get negative ratings? Get notified in time to fix it.
- Competing app went on sale? Now you'll know right away.
How App Stats Works
The app is delightfully simple, and afterall, isn't that the idea? App Stats looks and feels just like the Google Play Store, allowing the user to horizontally scroll across the following tabs:
- My Apps
- Top Paid
- Top Free
- Top Grossing
- Top New Paid
- Top New Free
Google is releasing yet another one of their stock Android apps to the Google Play Store today, this time by way of the Google Keyboard. Google Keyboard makes text input smart and easy. Glide through letters with Gesture Typing - just lift to finish a word, no spacebar required. Compose notes on-the-go with Voice Typing. With amazing word recognition and next-word prediction, Google Keyboard helps you type faster and more accurately on all your Android devices.
• Gesture Typing with dynamic floating preview
• Voice Typing
• Next-word suggestions and current-word completions
• Dictionaries for 26 languages
• Advanced keyboard layouts
• Works across your Android devices (tablets and phones)
What's in this version:
• Now available on Google Play for phones and tablets.
• Updated system permissions for integrated dictionary downloader and new-user setup wizard.
Celebrate Google Play's second birthday with this goodie bag of great deals! Be their guest and join the storewide party by picking up these limited-time gifts, from movies and music to exclusive offers on apps, games and e-books. Enjoy!
You'll find an assortment of apps, music, books, and movies, but don't expect amazing deals. Most of the apps are offering discounts on in-app purchases. Although, you can play as a bugdroid in Badlands now, which it worthy of celebration all by itself. Google is also knocking a few bucks off some movies, albums, and books.
Check out the link below for more information
My Purchases is a free Android app that allows users to view their entire Google Play purchase history with just a few taps, as first reported by Droid Life.
This app bridges the gap and provides the missing overview over your purchased apps, books, music and even devices.
The display of purchased apps depends on how many apps you have purchased. There is a chance that not all items are listed. This is because Google keeps the list limited at some point.
It supports multiple accounts, so if you spread your downloads across different emails, that is not a problem either. If you miss this functionality in Google Play, check it out. For those curious, the paid version removes in-app advertisements.
Check out the app today: Google Play Store Link
Google Play Sound Search has finally arrived to the UK. Google Play Sound Search is now available to help users in the UK easily identify songs in a matter of seconds, directly from a device's home screen. This should make it a lot easier to get acquainted with new music at pretty much any moment in time.
The Google Play Sound Search widget can help you recognize music and songs playing around you. You can:
- -Identify songs, directly from your homescreen
- -Purchase identified songs straight from Google Play, and add them to your Play Music library
- -Keep a song identification history, synced across all of your Android devices, so you can purchase a song later
- -Add the widget directly to your lockscreen, so you can recognize songs even faster (for devices running Android 4.2)
Google's new Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One phones go on sale today, also called the "Google Play Edition"-- and in an unexpected twist, the devices are giving us a glimpse at some subtle changes that appear to be on the way to Android.
If you thought the version of Android installed on the Google Play Editions of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One would be identical to AOSP, think again. Reviewers at some media outlets able to get their hands on test units noted a few, relatively minor differences between stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and the software pre-installed on the Google Play Edition phones. Though not much more than subtle UI enhancements, the incongruities are worth a quick look.
Here are some things that have caught my eye so far:
- A new Camera app interface
- A slightly tweaked app drawer design
- A new live wallpaper
- A new default lock screen clock
- A different boot animation
Check out all the details here
Great news Google Music fans, Google Play Music All Access is now available in Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain and United Kingdom.
You can now Sign Up for a 30 day trial, followed by a special locked in price of £7.99/month for being an early subscriber. Normal price will be £9.99 after this initial deal expires on 15th September.
Those of you waiting for this service on iOS still don't have a clear picture as to hen the app will arrive, but judging by the fact that iTunes Match is now working almost world-wide, there might not be a need for a rush.